Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites
Ranked #40 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Safford, Arizona, United States
“way over priced”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I never feel safe here, always smell weed and its next to a strip club! I seriously OVERPAYED and it isn't even worth it!!!! VERY DISSAPPOINTED, will NEVER stay here again!!! The breakfast is always good and the location is pleasent but just the price was a huge dissapoinment especially for it not being like a full suite type!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marisa S
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I’m sorry that you’re experience at our hotel was unsatisfactory as it is our mission to make every guest’s visit with us a pleasurable one. Our hotel strives to provide amazing value to all of our guests. All guests receive at no charge all of our InnSuites Extras such as FREE round-trip airport transportation, FREE all you can eat hot healthy buffet breakfast, FREE local & long distance calls to USA, Canada, Mexico & Europe, FREE social hour from 5-630 each night and FREE Wi-fi. Our price does fluctuate seasonally and based on demand, as do all hotels at this time of year in the Phoenix metro area during Spring Training, NASCAR, and the dozens of other major citywide events that bring many esteemed travelers to the Phoenix area. There are very few hotels in our area that are willing to provide as many complimentary features as we do, while still able to be priced so competitively. The next time you call the hotel directly to book, ask about our free upgrades (based upon availability)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
South Carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Checked in late Friday night to what was supposed to be 2 suites according to reservation. We had indicated 6 persons and made reservations for 2 suites. The rooms were definitely NOT suites, were smaller than a typical hotel room and had only one bed in each room. When we called to fix this we get a return call from an angry hotel manager who instantly blamed the online travel agency. When we returned to desk that night there were several other people checking in with the same problem. They are false advertising to get business.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelFun01
I am sorry that the way that the hotel was described on the third party website caused you to not get the room type you were hoping for. There appears to have been some confusion about our Executive Suites and our Studios, which appears to have caused your dilemma. I have had that website update our room names, descriptions, and photos on that site so that there is no confusion between the two types. All of our executive suites do feature a separate bedroom and sitting room with a pull-out sofa. It appears to me that is the type of suite you were expecting to reserve, but instead you booked for two of our studios. I have made the necessary changes so that there shouldn't be more confusion like this in the future on those websites. Thank you for informing us of this error so we could fix it immediately. I am sorry that it impacted your recent stay. Please contact us directly on your next visit so we can make sure you reserve a room that fits your exact needs perfectly.
Bisbee, Arizona
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My experience in Hotel Tempe was disappointing. My stay was 5 days. The first room was noisy and overlooked the Gentlemen's Club. The room was grungy, with holes and broken door and an unpleasant smokey odor. They moved me the next day towards the back of the hotel and it was much cleaner and more pleasant but no where near the boutique quality as advertised. Photos were deceiving.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel has rooms that are much better quality and quieter than the side facing t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PB621Travels
Sandefjord, Norway
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel looks better from the outside and in the reception than in the rooms and breakfast area. Are in the need of a renovation/touch up, specially the kitchenette and bathroom. Very friendly staff, clean rooms and a great bed. Easy to hear the neighbor room..... The breakfast was good, but because there is a lot of Latins staying here the breakfast is served little by little. The breakfast area is cramped and easily crowded..... OK stay just to sleep for a night. If we were to stay for more than 1 night, I would choose another place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our complimentary breakfast, our friendly & hardworking staff, and the cleanliness of your room. I will use your additional comments with my staff to spruce up our breakfast area. We do hope to have you as a guest at the Hotel Tempe again in the future!
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here at the front end of a park, sleep, fly deal. Our room was on the second floor and there are no elevators at this hotel. We had to lug 4 large suitcases up a flight of outdoor stairs. Through most of the night there were people talking loudly on the outside walkway with the occasional slammed door. Don't know if this is typical, but that is how it was on our stay. Breakfast was pretty good. Shuttle ride to the airport was good. On our return to pick up the car, the shuttle never arrived at the airport. Upon calling the hotel I was told the driver had an emergency and could not pick us up. Fair enough, but no one called and they had my number. Cab fare was reimbursed by the front desk. Staff was friendly. Room was nice. Noise, at least on our night, was a problem.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor. There are no elevators.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jamesb4andafter
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize that the other guests around your room during your stay were being disruptive that night. We do have staff on duty 24/7 that can respond to these issues if they arise. I apologize for the inconvenience with the shuttle that day, our driver did have a medical emergency that required him to suddenly leave the property, and I am sorry that my staff forgot to call you. I am glad to see that they did everything they could to resolve the issue and reimburse your cab fair. thank you for being so understanding with that sudden unexpected situation. We hope to see you again soon at the Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport.
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms- updated and new. Everything was very clean. Good breakfast, nice staff. Would definitely recommend for those on a budget. Only downside is the hotel is next to a strip club. Otherwise, great value for a very nice room!

• Stayed February 2013
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! My staff and I have been working hard to make sure other guests realize the same value with their stay as you have. Our free InnSuites Extras such as our free buffet breakfast, free wifi, free social hour, and free airport shuttle definitely make us a smart choice for the budget conscious. I will share your comments about your stay with my staff, and we look forward to your return.
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Booked room through hotel toniight was able to reserve room for only $37..was a lil hesitant at first. 1st room was next to maintenance room which made room smell like stale smoke and dirt.. went to front desk and ask to switch the clerk switched to another room. .2 nd room smelled clean. The refridgerator door didn't close and there was a hole in the bathroom door. .. beds were comfortable and clean. Im not a fan of exterior doors they don't make make me feel safe or secure...especially since the hotel is off the freeway and next to a gentlemans club. Lots of outside noise could be heard Inside the room. The free breakfast is ok..bland and basic freebies. I would only stay again if I were to get a suite as all rooms are not suites as advertised.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank az2ny2008
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in one of our studio suites. As the new manager I am working hard to fix issues like this and I assure you these items in your room will be corrected immediately. The site you booked on is unable to reserve our 2 room suites, so if you would like to guarantee a suite, please call the hotel directly to book your reservation, or my staff can discuss the modest upgrade fees upon check-in during your next visit. Thank you for your patronage and feedback and I look forward to seeing you again.