“Nice room but way too noisy!”

Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Tucson, AZ
“Nice room but way too noisy!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here at the front end of a park, sleep, fly deal. Our room was on the second floor and there are no elevators at this hotel. We had to lug 4 large suitcases up a flight of outdoor stairs. Through most of the night there were people talking loudly on the outside walkway with the occasional slammed door. Don't know if this is typical, but that is how it was on our stay. Breakfast was pretty good. Shuttle ride to the airport was good. On our return to pick up the car, the shuttle never arrived at the airport. Upon calling the hotel I was told the driver had an emergency and could not pick us up. Fair enough, but no one called and they had my number. Cab fare was reimbursed by the front desk. Staff was friendly. Room was nice. Noise, at least on our night, was a problem.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor. There are no elevators.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jamesb4andafter
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize that the other guests around your room during your stay were being disruptive that night. We do have staff on duty 24/7 that can respond to these issues if they arise. I apologize for the inconvenience with the shuttle that day, our driver did have a medical emergency that required him to suddenly leave the property, and I am sorry that my staff forgot to call you. I am glad to see that they did everything they could to resolve the issue and reimburse your cab fair. thank you for being so understanding with that sudden unexpected situation. We hope to see you again soon at the Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms- updated and new. Everything was very clean. Good breakfast, nice staff. Would definitely recommend for those on a budget. Only downside is the hotel is next to a strip club. Otherwise, great value for a very nice room!

• Stayed February 2013
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! My staff and I have been working hard to make sure other guests realize the same value with their stay as you have. Our free InnSuites Extras such as our free buffet breakfast, free wifi, free social hour, and free airport shuttle definitely make us a smart choice for the budget conscious. I will share your comments about your stay with my staff, and we look forward to your return.
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Booked room through hotel toniight was able to reserve room for only $37..was a lil hesitant at first. 1st room was next to maintenance room which made room smell like stale smoke and dirt.. went to front desk and ask to switch the clerk switched to another room. .2 nd room smelled clean. The refridgerator door didn't close and there was a hole in the bathroom door. .. beds were comfortable and clean. Im not a fan of exterior doors they don't make make me feel safe or secure...especially since the hotel is off the freeway and next to a gentlemans club. Lots of outside noise could be heard Inside the room. The free breakfast is ok..bland and basic freebies. I would only stay again if I were to get a suite as all rooms are not suites as advertised.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank az2ny2008
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in one of our studio suites. As the new manager I am working hard to fix issues like this and I assure you these items in your room will be corrected immediately. The site you booked on is unable to reserve our 2 room suites, so if you would like to guarantee a suite, please call the hotel directly to book your reservation, or my staff can discuss the modest upgrade fees upon check-in during your next visit. Thank you for your patronage and feedback and I look forward to seeing you again.
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The price is certainly right and I was pleasantly surprised to see that there were no rodents/pests!! Sadly, the hotel is located next to a strip club so the hotel is filled with each night with bachelor parties, groupies, and drunk men who played it safe. I stayed for 15 nights and Thurs-Sat nights were the worst. The rooms open to the outdoors and folks spend all night outside because the weather is nice...which only adds to the crazy amount of noise. The staff that I encountered were lovely!! Very helpful and friendly, always!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank radarchic98
Thank you for your feedback about your lengthy stay. Our staff and I pride ourselves on our customer service and cleanliness and I am happy to see you benefited from our hard work. I will address your issues with noise concerns during the evenings by working with my staff to have some additional coverage during those times to better prevent similar issues. Thank you for informing us so that we can adjust accordingly.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Thanks to Hurricane Sandy my husband and I found ourselves in Phoenix, Arizona for an indefinite amount of time rather than home after a two week trip in Vancouver. Through the magic of the internet we found Hotel Tempe, an affordable lodging accommodation with great amenities and a zero cancelation fee.

Only a short drive from the airport, Hotel Tempe is close offers a free shuttle service and is within walking distance of several restaurants and the Arizona Mills Mall which includes a movie theater and an aquarium. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms spacious and clean. We made good use of the public washer and dryer, the free Wi-Fi, and the free local phone calls. We relaxed in the outdoor hot tub and swimming pool, indulged in the complimentary happy hour, and enjoyed the vast options on the free breakfast buffet.

This place is pretty close to perfect for an inexpensive get away. Should we ever come to Phoenix again we definitely plan on staying here.

Room Tip: Request a room by the pool so you are close to the laundry room, and the restaurant where the comple...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank j9sunshine
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay. We can't imagine how difficult it had to have been getting displaced by the hurricane, but we are glad we were able to help you have a pleasant stay at your new home away from home during that time. We find ourselves to be the home for numerous guests throughout the year displaced by weather related issues, and our hotel and staff are uniquely situated to accommodate all of the special needs for people such as yourself whom are stranded unexpectedly. We hope to see you back (hopefully not because of a hurricane of course), and my staff will be delighted to hear about your stay.
Middlebury, Vermont
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I fly regularly on redeye flights to and from PHX. I've stayed at Holiday Inn, Ramada, and this Tempe InnSuites several times. This has become my favorite. The rooms are modern and nice. They have a very original hot breakfast (biscuits and gravy excellente). It's not perfect, and I don't want to jinx my regular stay by quoting the prices and finding it full on my next trip. But heck, it's 40 bucks cheaper and 30% nicer than the neighboring hotels and they deserve some credit.

Room Tip: It is a fricking maze, odd number rooms are on a different side of the building from even numbered r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are glad you see the amazing value that have had guests returning here year after year for 20+ years. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your wonderful feedback.
Holbaek, Denmark
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We booked the hotel through the "park sleep fly" program. This way we could drive our own car to the hotel and park it there - get a ride to the airport and back on the hotel shuttle - spend a night in the hotel upon our return, and then ride back again in our own car. Very convenient indeed. Price just over $100 in total. Airport shuttle worked fine. It took less than 10 minutes each way. Room was better than expected - newly renovated. Free breakfast. Nothing elaborate but definitely adequate. Free Internet worked fine in the evening, but we couldn't get connected in the morning. All in all a pleasant experience which we can recommend warmly. No need to look elsewhere for a good airport hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple