“Great location, ugly room”

Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites
Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Great location, easy to find, nice staff, good food, but the room was ugly, a non standard bead, strange room distribution, the bed was in an angle with a couple of mirrors in a non standard location, the night stands were of triangular shape and if you left them in place you could hurt yourself in the dark, the room smelled funny like a former smoking room converted to a non smoking, the cleanliness of the room was OK but there was a cockroach in the bathroom in the morning, we would recommend it only for the location and the price

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Juan M
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

I apologize that the room you were in did not exceed your expectations, and I assure you that the room you stayed in is unique and is the only room of that shape in our hotel. We have actually had many guests specifically request this room over the years as its layout is unique. I assure you this absolutely is a 100% non smoking room, but I will address your concerns with my Housekeeping Manager. I will also address your additional concerns with my head of maintenance to make sure no other guests have similar sentiments. Thank you for your comments regarding our hard-working staff and our breakfast & social hour. I will use these comments when I am working on room improvements later this year. We hope to see you again at the InnSuites in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a great hotel and one I have stayed in several times over the past 3-4 years. It is great if you are a walk-in with no reservation as I was this last time OR if you have planned a trip and made reservations as in times past. It is in a great location and there are several eateries that are within walking distance with "Joe's Crab Shack" being one! Good food. The breakfast at this establishment is very good and the employees handling breakfast are very accomodating and friendly. I would recommend this hotel anytime for the location, price and breakfast. This unexpected visit was because I had trouble with a car carrier's brakes catching on fire behind my 26' moving truck coming into Phoenix and the delay with the arrival of a diesel mechanic made it impossible to make it to my new home that night! I was glad I knew of this great hotel where we could stop and re-energize after a grueling 4 day road trip from Seattle. It was Halloween and the desk clerk even had trick-o-treats for the guests checking in. Nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for your continued patronage at our wonderful hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just stayed again this week and it was great. I loved the bed, slept like a log. I have not gotten a bad bed at this hotel. I stayed back in September and it was great too. They have a new manager and he appears to be getting things done. I noticed that the lobby was cleaner that my last stay and the staff a little more friendly. I stay because of the mall across the street and the other options are simply too expensive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank redneckjim
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for being a frequent returning guest to our property. We are excited to be under new management and will continue working hard to make sure our guests have the same feelings when they depart. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stay here about 3 to 4 times a year to visit the in-laws. Unfortunately, the stay during this past week was extremely unacceptable. We waited long time to check in, desk clerk did not really attempt to find us a room and we were late to our dinner plan. The cleanliness of the room was ok, we found hairs and other stuff on our toilet and tub. it was disgusting! Anyway, we were late so we move on. But next day we requested housekeeping service first thing in the morning and by the time we returned around 5pm, the room still was not clean. We waited about another hour to get just clean towels, again we were late with our dinner plan with the in-laws. Next day, when I express my concerns to the front desk at check out, they did not seem to care. I request to speak to the manager and he didn't seem to know whats going on other than justifying it that he is new and he does not know whats going on. He is an idiot! I truly would not recommend this hotel unless you have A LOT of time on your hand to wait and don't mind dirt. Unfortunately, we don't and we will not be coming back.

Room Tip: check in early so you can wait longer for a room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank david p

I assure you that we have taken great strides since your last visit by more than doubling our inventory of linens and towels, and hiring more maids so that rooms are ready by check-in time. As the new manager I am focusing substantial efforts on Housekeeping, Maintenance and Front Desk so that all rooms are in tip-top shape and our guests have a pleasant stay. I assure you your next stay at our property will be a night & day difference.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We come with a group of couples every year to attend Spring Training and stay at Tempe Inn & Suits. This hotel is perfect for us... free breakfast and extremely comfortable beds! Staff is always super nice and accommodating. We are usually on the go the whole time and out late, so for us this place is perfect, cant beat the price. We used BBQ's a few times and they worked great. 2 room suits are nice for entertaining and pre-gaming.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GalindoFamilia

Thank you for your comments, we look forward to another successful Spring Training in 2013. Don't forget we do a Manager's Barbecue the First Wednesday of March (and every month)

Reviewed September 13, 2012

It took forever to get check in, the hotel clerk was really slow checking everyone in. She wasn't really friendly didn't smile didn't greet anyone and barely spoke to the customers. She chucked my hotel keys at me with a map. This place is maze of buildings and stairs and no one to assist you to your room having lug your luggage up the stair and around maze of buildings. BTW this place adjacent to gentleman's club and Circle K so there are sketchy people that hang around the parking lot. I was given a Wet bar suite, the bed was and a nice tv. But that's were the buck stops. One of the walls appeared to have a shoddy patch job that now was falling apart the carpet had stains in it. The dishwasher was exposed so it was sitting flesh in the counter. The microwave had yellow stains on it. The gross part was the bathroom missing drawers that looked like they were ripped off. Huge rust stains in the bathroom sink and the shower head was falling out the wall. I don't think I will stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Trisha424

The hotel is under new management since your last visit. I am here to fix these types of issues, and I assure you these reviews are the starting point of the changes I am making. I know I was not here at the time you stayed, But I am sorry that you had the issues you did. We hope you give us the chance to serve you again, as I assure you it will be a substantially improved experience your next time around.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We've stayed here for the last 8 years whenever we fly out of Phoenix and never had a problem. The rooms are clean (although some need minor repairs) and the staff is friendly & helpful. Last stay was in August, 2012 for a 14 day getaway. It's not a 4 or 5 star hotel; but, for an overnite stay, it's a really good value. We'll keep using this as our getaway hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool & cafe area for some peace & quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank whodat6273

Thank you for your wonderful comments, and your continued patronage. We hope to see you again soon.