“Kind of worn but ok.”

Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites
Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed April 3, 2008

Hotel has seen it's better years, but it's still an ok place to stay. My room was a 2 room suite and plenty roomy. Staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast area was very crowded but offered an outdoor seating area. All in all I'd stay again, but only if other options weren't available.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites

Reviewed March 20, 2008

This place was great. We had an Executive Suite and it may be a little old, but it's going through renovations. It is in a busy locale, near a freeway and major mall, but we never heard any of this in our room. The bed was as comfortable as one can get and the room was as comfortable as any other I have stayed in.
Location? This place has it. A block from I-10 and in the center of the Valley of the Sun, you can get to any place in Phoenix easily from here.
The pool area was well maintained and it has an amount of privacy since it is surrounded by hotel buildings. The free breakfast and the evening cocktail hour were a nice touch.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angelfan2
Reviewed February 26, 2008

InnSuites Hotels @ Tempe has good intentions, but it is still an old hotel. Our room was just that and not a "suite". The walls have been poorly patched, an obvious "dent" in the wall behind the door, the walls are thin & we could hear the conversation in the room next door. The microwave was tiny & had burn marks in the interior. It sat on the vanity four feet from the bathroom sink limiting counter space. The ironing board cover had burn marks and I wouldn't even consider laying my clothes on that! It was ok for one night, but would not consider staying there again. I will bite the bullet next time & pay more for a room in the Phoenix area if I need to spend the night near the airport.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank lola_Austin
Reviewed January 14, 2008

Checked in late on Saturday night. The room was well decorated. On closer inspection, realized how shabby the hotel was. The bedspread was very dirty, the sheets were so worn that they had holes. There was garbage left from the previous guest in the trash and we were killing little black bugs in the bathroom. I put my jewelry in a glass to keep overnight, in the morning I tried to dump out my jewelry but it stuck to the bottom of the glass.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank 3,562,543
Reviewed November 11, 2007

We chose this place for its proximity to the Arizona Mills mall and Sky Harbor. Its location is excellent and the room was sufficient. However, it's a noisy place because the room doors open to the outside (some to the parking lot), and getting much-needed rest before a flight was problematic. We called the front desk to complain after 11 p.m. because 'guests' were milling around talking about pizza orders, getting beer, etc. Almost thought we were in a college dorm. Looking for a place in this area for the night that's quiet? Keep looking.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank AlfalfaAnchorageAK
Reviewed July 29, 2007

Needed to spend the night in Tempe to run a race there the next morning. Thought that I had made a poor choice based on the reviews that I read on here. I want to clarify that this is a great hotel with a great value.
My wife and I were very impressed with the room we received (huge and comfy bed with a pull-out sofa, stove, and refrigerator). We also enjoyed the great and free breakfast the next morning with a great selection of fruits, coffee, juices, cereal, and waffles. If you need a one or two night stay and are looking for a great deal, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank frojoe23
Reviewed May 2, 2007

We had a jacuzzi in the room that we didn't feel comfortable using because it didn't appear to be cleaned properly (we have pics). There was a pile of dust on the TV cabinet, which was what prompted us to look at the rooms cleanliness a little closer. The phones were terribly filthy. There was hair on them and caked up stuff. (I forgot to get pics of that) It made me leary about my stay there but.. the bed was clean and comfortable. The only other issue we had was with the TV, we couldn't get it to work properly so we were not able to watch all the channels they said we had including HBO and it wasn't easy to program as the book in the room said. We even called the front desk and they came over and still couldn't get it working. All in all, front desk staff was nice. They paid for a taxi from the airport for us (they have a 24 hour shuttle but apparently wasn't available-which was fine because I am sure the taxi was faster because it was already at the airport and we would have had to wait for the shuttle). The premises were kind of interesting and though we did not take advantage of the breakfast, I did go in at the closing to grab some creamers and the place looked decent that they were serving from (though unfortunately they were not really able to understand me that well they tried to be nice).

3  Thank Rhonda211