“Limited experience review.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Saskatoon
“Limited experience review.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We tried a couple of dishes by takeout, so I really can't comment on the dining experience. The dishes we picked up were the Corderito Chiclayano (lamb shank), and Seco de Carne Frjoles (beef). Flavours of both dishes were very good, and I really liked the canary beans that were one of the sides. The beef wasn't quite as tender as I would have liked, though not too tough, and the trio of peppers and onion that I expected with it from the menu description were non-existent. The sauce, or gravy, was very tasty and maybe the peppers and onion had just cooked down into it. No negative comments on the lamb shank dish, though I am guessing yucca potatoes are an acquired taste thing. I would love to try some of the other dishes if I get the chance.

Visited December 2012

Arizona
“Ceviche!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife is Peruvian so we search for good Peruvian food. This place is tucked in and a little hard to see from the street. I gave them average for service because our entrees were delivered to our table 5 minutes apart. The ceviche was good and very spicy. I also had a shrimp soup that was tasty along with papas a la huancaina. My wife had a bistek. We've had Peruvian steak many other times and this was not the best. It does need some seasoning. We will go back as there are many other items on the menu we want to try!

Phoenix, Arizona
“good, not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

The food here was different, but I wouldn't say it was super flavorful. The atmosphere was just okay. We were at the one in north Tempe though not the Scottsdale location. No one else was in the restaurant on a Friday night around 7.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank DanaD.
Gilbert, AZ
“A treat of new foods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Food was excellent!!! The place was very clean and the hostess gave great service. My wife was served her entree before the appetizer came and I was served after everyone,but it was worth it. The hostess took the time to explain things and that was a great help in the choices that we made.

• Visited July 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A little bit of Peru in Tempe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was intrugued driving by Villa Peru everyday, and my wife and I finally decided to give it a try. What a treat! The food was different (not Mexican, Peruvian!!), but recognizable, very tasty, and it seems to be very healthy. The staff was quite accomodating and friendly. We are oftern saddened that it seems like there aren't many people there, people just don't know what they are missing. Peruvian food was a great change and really worth a try and some more repeat visits.

• Visited November 2011