“My favorite AZ restaurant.”

La Bocca Urban Pizzaria
Ranked #23 of 785 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2012

EXCELLENT. Every. Single. Time.

The calzones are to-die-for. The service is always great. AND, the management is awesome. I have every birthday party there that I can manage (they have a great back table/booth that provides the perfect party atmosphere), and they have always accommodated large parties (15+) and bringing our own cakes in. I simply can't say enough about this place!

GO! Or don't :) I like being able to get a reservation whenever I need one!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've been to this restaurant on a couple of occasions in recent months to meet up with friends. The restaurant has varied social seating suitable for a solo, couples, a bunch of friends or an informal business meeting. The decor is nicely done and seating is varied in the restaurant presenting some nice options. There is also an option to be seated indoors or on the patio and if you choose the patio it's a great place for people watching. There's also a very large bar that you can sit up to. The service and food has been consistently good each time I've been there. I've sampled the bruschetta planks, the pizzas and the delicious cheese board - all are excellent. The wine list features both domestic and international wines along with 4-5 specialty cocktails and bottled beer and tap beers and the background music selection is a flash back to the 70's but it all works to make a fun urban experience. If you go on a Sunday there is free parking in the brickyard parking building immediately below street level.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I recently went here for our date night and really enjoyed this spot. The atmoshphere is really pretty and laid back but nicely decorated and sophisticated. We each had a glass of riesling that was delicious and some white sangria that was awesome as well. We shared a bruchetta board (the goat cheese and fig was my favorite) and a sausage pizza that was to die for. The prices were extremely reasonable, I think we paid under 50 even with 4 drinks and tip. The service was excellent as well. They have great specials daily and can't wait to go back. I highly recommend to anyone in the tempe area looking for a great meal.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were very satisfied with La Bocca Urban Pizzeria + Wine Bar. Great food with fresh, quality ingredients, and a trendy yet unique atmosphere which is a good blend of casual and formal. They have both indoor and outdoor seating, though it was 110°F / 43°C while we were there in August, so obviously we sat inside.

Friendly and attentive wait staff, great décor (I love the big painting on the wall of the woman in Renaissance style), and delicious pizzas. Being able to customize your pizzas is a definite plus. Although it is a little more urban/posh than most of the places we choose to eat, we felt right at home. If I lived in the Phoenix area, this would definitely be a place I would frequent. My garden pizza was delicious. Well done!

Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

First time to Tempe and found this place on Mill Ave. Cool, laid back atmosphere with great food and drinks. Service was good and lunch crowd was busy, quick service and food was great! Selection a plus on food, woul have liked to have seen more martini options but the "Clean Slate" martini was delicous. Will definitely return on my next visit.