“Spring vacation stay”

Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Room was nice size. Hotel needs updating. Breakfast was good, dining room was nice size and well kept during Breakfast rush. Pool area was clean. Room ventilation was not good, couldn't get it to one temp for comfort. Either too cold or too warn. Popcorn machine was nice for a late afternoon snack.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
DOS_BWPT, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Glad that our hotel met your needs while in the area for your Spring vacation stay. We have some updates and upgrades scheduled for this month and I know you will be pleased when you come back to stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We came here after running from the run-down and shabby La Quinta, and breathed a sigh of relief at the cleanliness and good working order. Airport shuttle runs only once an hour, and the a.c. is pretty noisy, otherwise a comfortable stay. This will be our new spot in Phoenix.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

We appreciate the recommendation to other travelers and mentioning the cleanliness of our hotel. We are looking forward to having you back and and are glad that we are your "new spot" in Phoenix.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have stayed several times at this BW when visiting the area for baseball spring training. For me, the location is good, with relatively easy access to the places I visit. There is a nice cooked breakfast set-up, staff are always helpful and professional.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate your long term business and that annually you decide to return to our hotel for your spring training visit to the Valley. The recommendation about our good location and easy access to places is valued. We look forward to next year when you come and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

In the fall of 2013 in Nov. I was home hunting in Tempe/ Chandler/Mesa area and stayed in this BW for 6 nights, When I chacked in I asked for the best rate using AAA and ARRP discount and was told I received the best rate. OK. Then I went to Tucson for a week to look and then back to BW inTempe. Stayed 2 more nights and when I checked out I noticed the rate was $20.00 a night less then when I stayed for 6 nights. I anked them for a refund for the $120.00 and was told that was water over the dam. I asked to see the person in charge and was informed that person was out and he could not do anything. I had a plane to get to so I wrote it of as I will never stay at another BW anyplace in the world again. @0 yeas ago I was a Gold Key menber at the Dobson Ranch BW and I still travel a lot, Lots of choices in the world to saty but BW is not on that list.The date below is wrong but I had to submit a date to post this review.

Room Tip: Stay accross the street!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We are sorry to hear that our hotel rates didn't meet your needs while house hunting in the area.
Please know that our hotel rates increase or decrease on any given day or week basd on demand and our business levels. I can assure you that we weren't in any way trying to take advantage with our rates.

I am happy to discuss in greater detail. Please feel free to call me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel is normally excellent but on this visit it stunk. The staff got the reservation wrong and would not correct it nor did they seem to care. I have nothing more to say and I have to use 200 characters for this stupid site so I will keep repeating my self to post it. I have nothing more to say and I have to use 200 characters for this stupid site so I will keep repeating my self to post it. I have nothing more to say and I have to use 200 characters for this stupid site so I will keep repeating my self to post it. I have nothing more to say and I have to use 200 characters for this stupid site so I will keep repeating my self to post it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay with us. My sincerest apologies that our service levels didn't meet your needs and there was a mix up regarding your reservation.

I am happy to discuss in greater detail and find a resolution. Please feel free to call the hotel directly and ask for me. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Completing a second leg of a girls vacation and stayed here for 3 nights. The service was incredible. The entire staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The breakfast food service was phenomenal!!! It is close to the 10, shopping, downtown and spas. We had a really great time. The pool area was clean and nice to sit by. No frills but nice. thank you

Room Tip: Rooms by pool have less noise. We stayed on top floor on Priest street. the noise was not that bad...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
DOS_BWPT, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

We are happy to read that our hotel met your needs for your girls vacation and appreciate your recommendation. Thank you for recognizing our helpful and friendly staff, our great location and phenomenal breakfast.

Next time you are planning your girls vacation please come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

A billboard caught our eye as we were driving on the interstate and we decided to check it out. The first night we stayed, the rate was just $99 and a full breakfast was offered. The rooms and accommodations were lovely, the staff charming and it was clean as a whistle, Good food options nearby with a Claimjumpers and Joe's Crabshack within walking distance for a nice meal; Waffle House and Carls Jr. for something less significant. Good enough experience that when we extended our stay in Phoenix, we stayed a second night.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
DOS_BWPT, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. It is exciting to read that our freeway sign caught your eye and that brought you too us. However more importantly our clean accommodations, charming staff, and great location prompted you to extend your stay. We appreciate your recommendation and sharing your experience with other travelers.

Please come back and stay with us again when traveling through our area.