Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall
$139
$87
TempeMissionPalms
Best Western Inn Of Tempe(Tempe)(Great Value!)
$73
$54
La Quinta
$58
$46
All reviewsbest westernswafflesarizona millsfront desk staffphoenix areawithin walking distancegreat place to stayclean roomspool and hot tubthe shuttle drivereasy accessconvenient locationvery nice hotelgreat roomfree shuttlefree breakfastparking lot
Reviewed April 29, 2013

There were many business people in the hotel. The Breakfast was good. There is a walmart a couple miles up the street and a costco's. This hotel offers 24 hr shuttle service to the airport. The only complaint was had to get the key rekeyed 6 or 7 times before they finally figured something was wrong. The pool attendent said we could not go in the pool due to the PH. The wall shampoo/conditioners have to go everytime I bent down I hit those things with my head coming back up..................The male front desk agent was super friendly....................

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
BWT03144, Manager at Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hello and thank you for your review. I wanted to first apologize for the key challenges we were having during your stay. I also apologize for having to balance out the PH of our pool while you were here. We do like to make sure our pool is at it's best for our guest. As far as the dispensers in the bathroom, Ouch... I am so sorry the height of those dispensers happened to interfere with your height. I am glad our front desk was friendly and we do hope you will stay with us again, and have a more positive experience.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed many times at this property and once again the staff was great. Of note are the staff and the breakfast fare. The people here care and the food is better than most places elsewhere. The hotel is convenient to shopping, great restaurants and the freeway. If you are looking for interesting Mexican fast food consider El Polo Loco, which is within walking distance just down Priest Street.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the nice review. We are so happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and staff. We do truly care and are glad that reflected from us, during your stay. Please visit us again soon and when you do, check out our Facebook page to see if there are other restaurants featured, that are recommended. facebook.com/bwtempe.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is located right across the street from arizona mills mall and really close to a brand new outlet mall as well...while I dont remember that being the best neighborhood when living in the phoenix area, on this trip I found it to be the perfect location. I was about 15-20 minutes from anywhere I needed to be, which in phoenix area is great! While the hotel is on the older side we found it to be very quiet and very friendly staff. When we asked to switch rooms when we first got there they didnt give us any problems whatsoever. The staff was all smiles. And you gotta love the complimentary chocolate chip cookes. YUMM. We didnt hear much noise and slept great. It wasnt really a busy season either so we basically had the dining room all to ourselves for breakfast. breakfast is also included in this hotel which is harder to find these days. Its a great breakfast at that with a variety of foods. I would definitely recommend this hotel if its in the vicinity you need to be in on your trip.

Room Tip: as all hotels, the highest floor is the quietest
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BWT03144, Manager at Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Hello Shira K,

Thanks for the review. It is always nice to know that our staff is doing what they can to accommodate our guests. You are not the only one who loves our Chocolate Chip Cookies! That is just another thing we like to do for our guests and we are glad you enjoyed them. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've stayed a number of times at this Best Western and like it's location.....just on the outskirts of Tempe and a short drive to most anywhere you might want to go. The price is right too as it's a bit less than other hotels in the area. The hotel itself is clean along with the rooms and the staff is very friendly. The breakfast was the usual fare with cereals, breads, juices, eggs and a meat.....not what I'd call outstanding, but good enough to start your day. I did have an issue with my TV and it was resolved within a few minutes. My one complaint on this trip was their Internet connection. I'm not sure what was going on, but it seemed as though their setup could not handle the number of people trying to make a connection. Even though I was connected to the wifi, the Internet connection would come and go and finally, late in the evening, it finally seemed to stabilize. I called the front desk about it and the usual response was a suggestion to reboot my computer or disable my firewall. I even called a Tech Support line and they determined the issue was at the hotel and not with my computer. Hopefully the hotel can figure out what the issue is.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hello,

Thank you for staying with us recently. We want to apologize for the internet issues. We did get those resolved and do not anticipate to have the same issues again. Good to know you liked our location and our rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Please come and stay with us again soon.

Thanks again,

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Arriving late Thursday night, we were dissapointed to find out that the pool was undergoing renovations. The following morning, I shared our disappointment with the manager, Gerrard. I explained how I hated to let down the other members of my party that chose this hotel on my recommendation. He was kind and creative in finding a way for our gymnasts to swim during their weekend away from cooler Utah. Heidi, another member of the staff, personally delivered the means for us to swimm on a warm Saturday afternoon. The hotel was clean and comfortable and located conveniently near the outlet mall and just a few blocks away from a delicious, authentic Caribbean restaurant. I recommend the hotel (and the restaurant) to anyone. Thanks for saving the weekend!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
BWT03144, Manager at Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Hello,

The days you were with us, we had our pool under renovation and Jerrold did in fact come up with a nifty solution. We are so glad that it all worked out for you and your gymnasts. Those are the things we like to do for our guests because we really do Care.