“Overall a nice hotel, geared towards a younger crowd” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloft Tempe

Aloft Tempe
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Tempe
Wheaton, IL
“Overall a nice hotel, geared towards a younger crowd”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

A new trend in hotels - modern design, minimalist accommodations, a central 'gathering place' , free internet, a nice sized modern television . The downside of this new trend - a closet the size of a large suitcase- without a door, and not tall enough to fit a dress-, no drawers to put your unmentionables in (only a couple shelves), not enough blockage of light from the bathroom into the sleeping area, small room size. The staff was very friendly, but again we are talking young, young, young. We asked for restaurant recommendations and they told us to go to Tempe Marketplace. They were right - there are a number of restaurants there. And it is a nice, new, outside mall. But if you are over 40, be prepared to feel ancient. In our late 50's, I'm pretty sure we were the youngest ones there as the place was filled to the rafters with college kids from nearby ASU. If you are visiting the campus, this hotel is in a great location. If you like modern, and if you are under 40, you will likely love the hotel. We prefer something a bit more traditional so will not be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chelsea, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

For an economy hotel this aLoft is great. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Location is great! In n Out burgers and Starbucks is across the street, Tempe Lake is right there with walking/running paths and ASU is across the bridge. Easy access to Sky Harbour. I will be staying here again in the future.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

What to say? Aloft Tempe was my first Aloft experience, and it was a gem from the start. Two friendly ladies at the counter greeted me on my arrival and made me feel right at home. The room was well put together, yet trendy and stylish at the same time. As the little brother to the W Hotels, Aloft has twice the style and service at half the price. Lastly, to top it off, the General Manager surprised us with three complimentary tickets to the Suns/Nuggets game on Friday night in downtown Phoenix. A great stay from start to finish...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Tempe, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and are even more pleased to hear your first stay was a very positive experience. We are dedicated to quality customer service and providing exceptional stays to all our guests. We look forward to the next chance we have to welcome you back. Take care!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night for a business trip. I always enjoy Aloft hotels.
As for this location:
Pro's
GREAT location, next to a shopping center with good places to eat and a Starbucks.
Nice staff. Had a small issue with my room, they took care of it quickly. \
Clean rooms.
Nice workout facility.
Con's:
This could have just been something with my room - but there were a lot of noises - like the air turning on made a lot of noise, every few minutes there was a clink noise coming from what I think were the pipes. I slept with earphones on, but it was a little distracting.
Aside from that - great place, and I'd stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was a great place to stay. We enjoyed the modern trendy décor. The staff had a fun laid back feel to them. The location was convenient for us too. It's close to the freeway and airports. There is also a lounge in the lobby which was nice for a night cap before bed. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Upper floor would be better. Lots of traffic on the lower levels
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Tempe, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
We appreciate your thoughtful review, thanks so for sharing. It’s wonderful to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the area. Thanks again!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here for several consecutive weeks while on a work trip. The hotel staff was incredible throughout my stay and accommodated every single request I had from letting me ship deliveries to the hotel (large items which they then let me store in the back for weeks) to letting me work and conduct interviews out of the hotel lobby. I can't say enough good things about the treatment I received during my stay here and about the people who help run this hotel. Additionally, the hotel is in a perfect location, right by the 202 freeway and a stone's throw from Tempe Marketplace with a ton of amazing shops, restaurants, bars and entertainment. The setup is modern and chic, too!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I recently stayed here before a meeting in Tempe and it was a good place to stay, although I admit I was not in my room most of the time. The place does need a bit of upkeep but was clean and the staff was very friendly. I checked in just before midnight and the bar stayed open so I could have a nightcap. Bed was comfortable and I like the modern style of the bathrooms. I didn't get the chance to plug my laptop or iPhone into the TV, but the room is set up for that. I like the Aloft brand as the bargain/business side of W Hotels. Be aware that there is no restaurant, just a mini-mart corner with a walk up window for certain orders. Good access to ASU as it is right off of the 202 at Scottsdale/Rural. I will be back the next time I have a meeting in Tempe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business