“Great Stay!”
Review of Aloft Tempe

Aloft Tempe
Ranked #28 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Aloft Tempe was so fantastic! Everyone here was so accommodating and nice. The Front Desk staff amazing! Hotel was clean and the beds were comfy! We only stayed one night but everything was great! We were in town celebrating a bachelorette party and were going to visit Mill Avenue. Aloft Tempe was the perfect location. The cab ride from the hotel to Mill was $7! Can’t beat that! Definitely will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you are going to visit ASU this is a good spot, just a few blocks away. The rate was excellent, and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. All the amenities were in my room - free bottled water and coffee plus free coffee in the lobby in the morning, and free laundry (machines - 1 each washer and dryer - on the 5th floor, free detergent at the desk). Their green program lets you skip housekeeping for a $5 coupon for the snack area per day.

The only oddity was that the rooms have only a bed and the desk chair, it's a bit small for an armchair which I would like to have had. But if you aren't spending much time in your room that won't matter. I had a room facing the freeway but it did not bother me a bit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is in a good location, right across the street from an in and out burger and ASU. It is literally right off the highway so I recommend getting a room NOT on the same side as the highway. The older guy working the front desk was a little too casual and rude for my taste. I had called to request an early check-in and when I arrived the front desk agent proceeded to tease me for not asking the same thing for my colleague. Well, I didn't know she was in the same hotel when I called you mr smarty pants. He would not let it go either, he was basically a jerk. The lovely smell of cigarettes from him did not help our welcoming experience. Otherwise, if you like an average hotel with more of a european/swedish feel, aka small and almost a retro look, it was ok.

The shades in the room allow the sunlight through so by 6am every morning my was room was very bright. The "free" internet barely works.

Room Tip: rooms on the opposite side of the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tommygalloway
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We have addressed your comments with our front desk team to ensure all our associates are delivering the quality customer service Aloft Tempe is dedicated to. We sincerely hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again and take care.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, friendly and committed staff, good location close to the airport and the lake, which is ideal for morning and evening runs and water sports. The concept of the hotel offers excellent value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013

We greatly appreciate your review, thank you for taking the time to share. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our helpful and friendly associates and were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Tempe so that we may provide you with the same quality experience.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Clean, conveniently located and a Starwood property. All good... But let's talk about the shower. A huge glass enclosure w separate tub you can crank the hear up so it turns into a steam room. If I could have taken it with me I would have.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our family stayed here in late March at the start of a spring break trip to Arizona. The staff was very welcoming and helpful with directions. Our teens appreciated the cool vibe of the lobby area and modern room decor. Starbucks and In-N-Out Burger right across the street. We would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

We are delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our team is dedicated to providing exceptional guest experiences. Thank you for sharing and take care!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this location in mid March for Cubs Spring Training and a wedding, and this property was absolute perfection. The bar in the lobby at night is convenient and friendly. We had a bartender named Sam I believe..I hope I got that I right. She was so friendly and welcoming as was all the staff! We liked how everything was just so simple! Everything was extremely clean and you can't beat the location! Across the parking lot is In-N-Out Burger, Starbucks, Yogurtland, Wing Stop, etc., and around the corner is the Tempe Marketplace which is where we found ourselves a lot of the time! ASU is down the street and the airport is also a 10 minute drive! There are so many restaurants, bars, and good shopping in the Tempe Marketplace! Bottom line...this hotel is perfect simplicity with a great price and great location. I am already looking to book again this fall! Very modern rooms equipped with everything you would need...including complimentary bottled water! Double Bonus!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear KingstonHudsonMummy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are delighted to hear we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team is dedicated to providing the best experience possible and we look forward to seeing you again when you return in the fall. Thanks again for sharing and take care!