“Great Vegan Restaurant!”

Ranked #19 of 779 Restaurants in Tempe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I came to Scottsdale for a business conference, and during an extended lunch break I drove to Tempe to go to the Green New American Vegetarian restaurant. I had eaten there once before a few years ago.

The place was packed, and it was challenging to find a seat. But everyone seemed to be enjoying their food which surprised me because it is totally vegan. But even those who are not vegan apparently like what they have to offer.

The person who took my order at the counter was very helpful and quite courteous. And the person who delivered my plate was very friendly.

The environment reminded me of some of the places I used to go to as a hippie many years ago. And most of the patrons were young. However, there were a few of us older guys sprinkled in here and there.

The food tasted great! And the next time I'm in the Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe area, I will be sure to come back and catch a meal here. It was well worth the drive from Scottsdale. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Visiting from out of state, looking for a decent vegetarian restaurant. This place was AWESOME! Got there at 8:00 on a Friday night, tough to get a seat, but one opened up by the time they gave us our takeout so we ate there.
I am not vegetarian, but the "Argentine" Po Boy was delicious and addictive. My wife got a great salad.
The one negative were the sweet potato puffs, they were dense and not at all what we expected and not especially good.
The staff were all positive and energetic.
Easy to find parking.

1  Thank Philip-USA
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We're not vegans but we read about Green and decided to stop in. The restaurant is not attractive looking from the outside but is groovy and cool inside. Edgy in a modern hippie-ish way. Casual atmosphere perfect for a quick lunch. Patrons were a mix of young liberal looking people, a couple families and several businessmen in suits. Great menu of "regular" items such as burgers, fish tacos and bbq chicken salad made with all vegan substitutes. My "fish tacos" were excellent served in corn tortillas with a spicy sauce. The shoestring fries were also crisp fresh and good. My companions had the Green burger made from oats and barley. One liked it and one did not, saying it tasted plain and boring. All in all, not bad change of pace and a place i would come back to.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Green could convert me into a vegan! The dishes were all so yummy and filling. The flavors all so different and delightful. Good size portions and a very casual dinning experience. The dessert, tsunami was good too! The only thing that bothered me a bit was that there were so many dishes made from soy. I just wonder how many small rodents were harmed while harvesting the soybeans.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I live in Tempe and come here about once a week. I've never had a bad meal here. I hate Daiya cheese but you can get everything here with Teese if you want which is much better. Everything is great so I can't even tell you what to order. I quite like (in no particular order) the argentine po boy, the jerk tofu salad, mom's meatball po boy. The Tsoynamis are awesome but not the sort of thing you can eat all the time. The rest of the food seems reasonably healthy.

1  Thank Acgnyc