“Get your sandwich to go”
Review of Corleone's Philly Steaks - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We'll Make You A Cheese Steaks That You Can't Refuse
Reviewed June 6, 2013

On a recent business trip, stopped by Corleone for a Philly Steak sandwich. Nothing to write home about - sandwich & bread tasted very good, but cheese was very hard to locate. Place was very hot (so don't plan to escape the heat in this place) and had to pay for parking. Staff very friendly and some came around to ask how the food tasted.

There are newer reviews for Corleone's Philly Steaks

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I went here for lunch. Looks like they were understaffed, our order took 15+ minutes to come. If the Steak Escape can get it to me in 3 minutes at the mall you guys don't need that long to make it. I think it took 10+ minutes from the moment we ordered until the meat even hit the grill.

The worst part of our experience is that my wife and I ordered Provolone cheese. My wife even said to the girl taking the order "you got the Provolone cheese on it didn't you" and she answered yes. When our orders came one had Provolone cheese and one didn't. The one with some other type of cheese tasted crappy so we didn't eat that and just had to share the one cheesesteak with Provolone. I could have complained but we didn't want to wait 20 minutes for a new one to be cooked.

Would I go here agin, no, not worth the hassle.

1  Thank AZTVLR71
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Love it. It is a solid steak. Grew up in Philly, I've tried them all. (yes I know, everyone says that!) It's amazing to me that this place is so much better than touristy Philly spots Pat's and Geno's, I always think that to myself when I bite into one. Of course, those places are crap. The cool thing about corleone's is that their pizza is very good as well. Can't decide which? get a cheesesteak pizza! Good job corleone's for using Amoroso rolls. The only reason i did not give 5 stars? The fries suck. Sorry, but it must be said. but that is ok with me, more room in my stomach for cheesesteak. Yep, can't be hatin' this place at all!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I go to a conference in Tempe every year in May or June. It might seem surprising in the hot weather that I want a cheese steak but these are surprisingly good, and good value. So I generally go at least once every time I am down.

It is, I think, a chain and there is no table service but the food is cooked to order and is good quality. I always get the basic steak with onions and cheese whiz.

Surprisingly good.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Even though the location is difficult to get to unless you are trolling up and down Mill Avenue, you should definitely stop in here if you get a chance. I love the pizza here and the crust/cheese/sauce ratio is perfect for me.

Try the cheese whiz fries or a philly wit whiz for the traditionalist.