“Only for the Southwest Junkie”

Four Corners Monument
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I love the southwest and have done the Grand Circle Tour more times than I can count. The first time we visited the Four Corners Monument we were not impressed by the condition of the monument (this is not a national monument it's on the indian reservation). I accidently put the spent roll of film with FC pics back in the camera and took pictures over it; this was the only reason we returned. I am happy to say many improvements have been made since our original visit and it looked like a parking lot improvement project was in the works. Only visit this monument if you are a Southwest Junkie.

1  Thank Jewella72
Write a ReviewReviews (1,634)
All reviews
in 33 reviews
"pics"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We took our kids on a tour of our home state of Arizona and this was one of their favorite stops. My children You will find quite a few restaurants in Tuba City, AZ. The fee to enter the park is $3 per person, but on the day we went there wasn't anyone collecting fees or a fee collection box.

1  Thank jhudson8
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

The food hut or trailer looked unsafe to even stand near. You have to pay to get into one of America's strangest "sights". And it is literally just a meeting of four states. We did it because you just have to if you're near it traveling, don't you? The 40 or so surrounding sales huts are filled with actual American Indians doing exactly the opposite of what you would expect from them, selling trinkets and jewels. We went, and we are happy we did, but we will never go back.

1  Thank Dave E
Reviewed December 18, 2013

After spending money at Monument Valley Navajo Park we continued our road trip and went to the Four Corners Monument - there isn't a lot there but the surprise was the souvenirs stands, at least 3/4 of the price you paid for Navajo pottery and jewelry at Monument Valley Navajo Park.

We spent about $100.00 US and about 3 pottery items that were very good quality and look stunning in our living room. All hand made and the people making them were selling them and could tell you all about the process from start to finish.

This was a great find for a small entry fee to the park.

2  Thank Dan R
See more reviews
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Even as an avid traveler and "place collector," I couldn't urge somebody to go 500 miles out of their way to see this. But if you are visiting Dinétah, this is worth taking a short detour. In addition to the sheer novelty of the spot, if you come during tourist season the plaza will be lined with vendors offering everything from tacky t-shirts to hand-made crafts. I visited with a very nice lady, Ms. Yabeny, while she put the finishing touches on a black and white etched trinket box that sits on my bookshelf today. Not often you can converse with the artist while she makes your item! Plus I got some frybread to nosh on! It can be very windy, and the restrooms are far from wonderful, but it is what it is. And don't complain about paying $3.00 After all, the Diné were here first!

3  Thank Catherine M