New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
tamp
“Clean Room, Nice Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel and found our room to be clean and comfortable. The front desk people were very nice. They do charge $1.00 for use of a safe in the room that will be removed at checkout if you don't use it. The breakfast was ok. They did have an egg pattie that didn't have much taste. I would have preferred scrambled eggs instead. They had ham slices that were rather dry. They would probably do better having breakfast sausage. If you want waffles, they have a waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, apples and danish/muffins. There was a variety to choose from. We look for a place that is clean, comfortable with nice staff and that's what we received, so I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chandler, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Central Scheduling substituted Quality Inn for the Best Western suite I had requested. I found the (lone) staff member to be very helpful and she went out of her way to accommodate us. The desk clerk helpfully assisted us in getting our luggage from the car. Unfortunately, all other facets of our visit were less than we expected. As handicapped persons we wanted either ground floor or near-the-elevator accommodations. That proved to be not available. We accepted something less than a suite in order to be close to the elevator. The room was dingy and poorly illuminated. The flush mechanism on the toilet was defective and unreliable unless pressed and held. The refrigerator was not plugged in, nor was the microwave. The bed was comfortable.
Upon leaving, we opted to enjoy the continental breakfast. That was difficult. My wife mistook the pathetic little egg patties for potatoes, the ham slices were so dry and tough that I could not cut them with a plastic knife and resorted to tearing them apart like a hungry canine. The potatoes were satisfactory. I ruefully watched another couple taking advantage of the do-it-yourself waffles and those looked quite good. The boiled eggs were good. The coffee was good.
I would not willingly repeat this experience.

Room Tip: All suites are located at the end of the building. The single elevator is in the center.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Rooms
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Rooms are decent size, clean and nicely decorated . The lobby is nice and decorated very nice. It includes a dining room with a nice breakfast. The day we ate breakfast I noticed a waffle maker, scrambled eggs, potatoes , biscuits and gravy, muffins, toaster for English muffins, bread. Boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, juice and coffee, milk. It was nice.

There is a small workout room, indoor pool, free wifi (I didn't use it so can't comment)

The room had a small frig, microwave, large flat screen and good reception, iron & board, safe (not certain if there is a charge for the use). The bed was firm.

It's within walking distance of a restaurant, but a very short drive to fast food places and some shopping.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Carlsbad NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

My dad lived in a nearby retirement community so we would visit him at least twice a year. We stayed in three other hotels in the area and found Quality to be the best. Near a main thoroughfare but far enough so noise was not a problem. Rooms were spacious and staff attentive. Breakfast was different each day; biscuits and gravy one day, plain omelet another and sides from potatoes to sausage to ham as well as standard continental fare.
My dad just passed away so this will be the last time we will visit. But if we were to go back, that's where we will stay.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank cnanrw
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed at the hotel next door to this one, however needed a small meeting room to conduct some business.
The staff here were very helpful and were able to assist me. Even though I was staying next door, the management team was able to set up a small tour of the facility and allowed me to use their meeting space at a minimal cost.
Thanks again for your help and I will be sure to stay with you guys the next time I come into town!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sandpoint, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was given an "upgrade" to a very nice suite with a living room area! It was great!
There is just about every national brand restaurant within 5 minutes of this hotel. It was easy to get in and out of. 2 nice big LG TVs in my room.
The staff was super friendly and helpful. I slept great and would stay here again. Great value for the money.
From here I went to the airport which is across town. It was easy to get to from this location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
      Rooms
Pioneer, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two days while visiting family! Rooms are very clean, with nice updated rooms! Very quiet! Excellent place to stay when wanting to save money while on the road, but want a nice place to sleep. Serves a nice breakfast in the morning. Would definitely stay again

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surprise
Windmill Suites in Surprise
Comfort Inn & Suites Surprise
Days Inn & Suites Surprise
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area

Been to Quality Inn & Suites of the Sun Cities? Share your experiences!