“Five Star Experience”

Windmill Suites in Surprise
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I was blown away by the size, cleanliness and room decor as well as the amenities of this hotel. I was equaly impressed with the friendliness and helpfullness of the staff.......cudos Windmill!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed June 25, 2010

I stayed here ( for 4th time) in June 2010 whilst visiting my Mother in Sun City West. As always, everyone from Front Desk to Housekeeping were wonderful! They make you feel so special! The mattress, box springs and white sheets (including the coverlet) are GREAT! I have a "thing" about hotel bedspreads. Ugh! had the best night's sleep in a loooong time! It was like being in my own little nest!! Have to get this mattress and box spring at my own home Zzzzz.

Good to have a mini kitchen. I like to eat healthy so can store my own food and heat in the microwave etc. Having a Living Room as well as a bedroom is such a nice extra.

Don't stay anywhere else but here! Oh yes, the pool area is great too. But, at a 110 degrees I by-passed it this trip.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My extended family stays at the Windmill Inn at least 1ce a year for vacation to visit family in the area and we keep coming back every year. This is one of the nicest kept facilities for a great price that we have ever stayed at. The rooms are always super clean, the breakfast is great, and the staff is always very friendly. The room set up is even nice, having a 1 bedroom layout allows for so much more room. And the beds are very comfortable! Please do yourself a favor and stay at this picturesque hotel, you will be impressed.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2010

The room was fantastic with a livng room, small kitchen with microwave, fridge and sink, and large bedroom with 2 sinks and large bathroom area. Loved the access to the pool area from the room. Staff was very friendly and any problems were handled immediately.
Great place to stay when visiting Sun City West or Sun City.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I wasn't sure what to expect of the Windmill Inn & Suites as my lodging was prearranged by a member of our extended family group meeting in the Sun City area - but was pleasantly surprised. My king bedroom suite was large and included a sitting area with sofa, tables and desk, a cute little bar with stools and small fridge, two separate sink areas (in/out of bathroom), two TVs, and a private bedroom (via sliding pocket doors). Both rooms had nice windows with heavy drapes and the unit cooled down beautifully after I adjusted the temp upon arrival. The bed was very comfortable and the room clean. The green carpet looked a bit dated and the TVs were not flatscreens, but neither was an issue at $88/night (group rate) for my brief stay. Complimentary breakfast was ample with both indoor and outdoor seating available; pool and entire courtyard-type area was lovely and inviting; all staff I encountered were courteous; one computer and printer in lobby. If you need to be in the Sun City West area of greater Phoenix, I highly recommend the Windmill Inn & Suites!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2010

We stayed here with a group of friends on a golf / sun vacation for 10 days . The grounds around the pool were beautiful and relaxing. We had a small problem with the toilet handle leaking in our room the first night, but the staff responded quickly, and called the maintenance man( John Brown ) in from home at 8:00pm. He quickly fixed the problem. For the rest of our stay John was very friendly and helpful, even prepared the barbeque grill for our group to use. The rest of the staff was also very friendly and helpful. The rooms were cleaned early every day . Great place to stay and we will definately be back.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We have relatives in Surprise, and friends in Glendale and Scottsdale. We stayed here when it first opened because of the great location to the 101 loop and our family & friiends.

We like that there are two sinks for the bathroom - one inside the bathroom & one just outside. The separate bedroom, with 2 beds and a TV, was perfect. My sister was with us as well, and she stayed on the sofa bed and watched TV all night without bothering us.

The continental breakfast was plentiful and it was nice to have the option to sit outside and eat it. The pool was great. My little great-niece and nephew came over to swim and had a ball. There is a coffee pot, small refrigerator, microwave and sink in the kitchenette area. A small counter with two barstools gives you extra seating.

There is a computer with printer in the lobby to print boarding passes or research siteseeing in the area. There is a 15 minute limit, but I never had to wait more than 2 minutes. There are also bicycles available if you want to check out the area.

There is a lot of shopping around. A large mall is right at Bell Road and the 101 loop, along with smaller shops along the way. Restaurants are plentiful in the area.

We stay at this hotel every time we come to the greater Phoenix area, and would not consider staying any place else.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple