“Worst experience ever!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Top 5 Reasons I Will Never Stay at This Hotel Again:
1. Customer focus is not part of the vocabulary of the place
2. A lack of integrity permeates the atmosphere - the sleeze factor is everywhere
3. The place is not well maintained - everything is old and worn
4. The price was much to high for the level of service I received
5. I felt unsafe
Overall, I would choose sleeping in my car before staying here again!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank NicolenaG
steven r, General Manager at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your stay I have to say I am shocked to read your review. I really think you have selected the wrong hotel when you were reviewing ours. Our standards for our guests are almost what you listed in your review that you did not like about our hotel. our guests safety is our number one priority and than it is the satisfaction and complete enjoyment of their stays. With Trip advisor being anonymous I can not contact you to really find out why you feel this way so I am hoping you will contact me at your earliest convenience at 623-583-0133

Again Thank You for your feedback

There are newer reviews for Windmill Suites in Surprise

Reviewed April 4, 2014

To the Management and staff,

I would like to start off by thanking you all for the quality stay that my family had at your inn. We came to Arizona with a heavy heart for a funeral for my Father. Your ability to make our stay as pleasant and care-free as possible was truly a blessing. I can't thank you all enough for how you helped us in so many small ways to making our stay so enjoyable.
To the house-keeping staff, I would like to thank you first of all for finding my Ipod and turning it in so I could get it back. This is truly honorable and needs to be commended. As well as doing an excellent job of cleaning around my children s things. Again thank you.
Buildings and Grounds also worked hard at taking care of the toilet issue and the cleaning of the grill.(sorry we couldn't use it)
Front staff and Breakfast crew also very courteous and patient with me with lost keys (I have enclosed keys that have followed me home) and kids running around at all hours.
You have every right to brag about how well your business does because you have deservedly earned 5 stars from our families.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Chet905

Thank you for your kind words on the hotel and staff. I am so sorry we had to meet under those terms. I wish your family well and am sorry for your loss. I am glad we were able to take the hotel stress part of your stay off your shoulders. We do hope to see you again on a more happy note next time.

Again thank you for choosing the Windmill All Suites in surprise

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We have stayed here twice in the past month and were well cared for here. Our family used this as our base, the kids played in the pool (warm in winter, a bonus) and we were able to gather under the patio in the shade. The breakfast was adequate (but included in the cost of the room) the hotel, lobby, pool, and patio were clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel.

Carol,

Thank you so much for your kind words on your stay at our Windmill Suites in Surprise. We value our customers and hope that all who stay with enjoy themselves as you did. We can't wait to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I expected a generic hotel, but Windmill Suites was a pleasant surprise. The rooms are large, with a sitting area and a kitchen area with a mini-fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. The free breakfast is a cut above (can't go wrong with all the bacon you can eat!). Above all, the front desk service was excellent. The young woman was friendly, informed, and made us feel welcome right away. The only real negatives are a small pool and out-of-date tube televisions (although the picture was fine).

Room Tip: Ask for rooms past the second elevator on the second and third floors. The ice machine is continuous...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David H
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights while attending Cactus League Spring Training. My first impression was not good. The male desk clerk was efficient but seemed to care less that we were there. Our room was as far down the hall as one could get on the second floor but the nearest working elevator was at the front of the building. The ice machine on our floor didn't work for the first few nights. The televisions are old and when you turned one on, both came on. The first day the maid forgot to make up our room. Luckily she was still on the floor and cleaned it while we went to dinner. Breakfast was crowded and loud and felt dirty. The food choice was limited and although they had eggs and meat, the eggs were inedible. One day we tried the muffin delivery to our room and got two ice cold packaged muffins. One morning we ate pop tarts from the vending machine instead of fighting the crowd for awful food. The room was always clean and they try to appear updated but overall it is a tired and sad hotel and I wouldn't stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Good things included cleanliness of rooms, prompt and efficient daily maid service, little road noise even though not far off highway, plenty of fast food within walking distance (Wendy's, KFC, Burger King, Long John Silvers), close proximity to Surprise Stadium for spring training games (and not too far from Goodyear and Peoria Sports Complex),and close drive to Walmart, Target, Kohl's, etc.

Some bad things, however. Elevator serving back section of hotels was out of order for at least the five days of our stay, as was the ice machine on our floor. You sometimes can hear the noise from other units above and next to you (especially little kids running overhead). People working front desk could at least pretend to be friendly to hotel guests.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have stayed at Windmill Suites in Surprise a number of times over the last 5 years, and when booking this year, a mistake was made in our reservation. We contacted the reservation number, and Marilyn took great measures to correct the error, and was OUTSTANDING in customer service! We stay there while we are attending Cactus League Spring Training Games and unfortunatly, we had to cancel our reservation for this year as I was taken ill the morning of departure,and had to postpone our trip. In cancelling our reservation we again dealt with Marilyn who was most efficient and gracious, and genuinely dissapointed that she would not be seeing us!! When we get back to Arizona, we WILL be staying at the WINDMILL SUITES again. The entire staff at the hotel have always been most gracious and professional!!