“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Las Vegas
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2008

I stayed at this place for 1 night in April for the Nascar race. The price was the best and I asked if I could bring my 7 month old puppy and they said yes pets were free. I was very excited to hear that. The front desk girls were very nice. The grounds were perfect nice grassy areas and a pool. I love the rooms! I had never seen a room that big and nice for the price I paid. I was pleasantly surprised. There was a bar in our suite. The room came with 2 queen sized beds, a microwave, a fridge, and free wi-fi access. I had a paper due that night for an online college class. I was glad that I could bring the laptop and finish and send it from my room. The bathrooms were very clean and new looking. The walls seem to be freshly painted and the carpet seemed to be new as well. There is a breakfast in the am. This place was perfect and I will be seeing you all again for the next race. Thanks again for the great hospitality. I felt very welcome.

• Liked — That it was so clean and the rooms were big, beds comfy and could bring pet
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
colorado springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2008

My entire family stayed here on a trip to see grandparents. We booked directly on the hotel's website, so we weren't sure how nice the place would be, but we had a good rate. We were so thrilled to arrive to a clean, updated, nice place with great rates. Our room was always fresh and clean, the breakfast was yummy (although a little crowded) and the pool/ hot tub area was great in the evening. We had several children with us and they felt right at home and slept in the pull out couch beds. We never had to wait to use the internet and the free coffee at all hours was nice. There was an option to have breakfast muffins delivered to your room which we did not do, but great to have the choice. Staff was great also. We felt like we were staying at a much more expensive place and had a great time. We will definitely be back for the value!

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Monterey, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2008

Wonderful experience! The hotel is clean, the people are very helpful, the breakfast is good, the internet is free...even the free bikes to ride around the neighborhood were in good shape. I recommend this as an inexpensive and excellent choice. We will be back there any time I am in town.

• Liked — Clean and spacious
  • Disliked — the area beyond the hotel grounds is not too appealing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2008

Enjoyed a 10 night stay February 2008, Our room was on the 1st floor with doors to the courtyard/pool. I would recomend you request courtyard side, not parking lot side. A very nice continenal breakfast. Clean rooms. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2008

A one night stay on the way out of Phoenix to Vegas. Just off Bell Road, right next to Luby's Restaurant and a little shopping mall. Adjacent to a pond w/fountain and ducks.

Each room is a mini suite, separate rooms for bed and living. Computer access in lobby as well as breakfast, more then continental.

Nice all around restaurant A+A+A+A+A+ - too bad there aren't that many Windmills around

• Liked — location, personality, room layout
  • Disliked — some outside parking noises
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Chico,CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2007

This hotel is perfect for family or just yourself. They had great customer service. The price was reasonable too. We were visiting family and we needed a place to stay. This hotel is very close to their house. The rooms are big, two room suites with two separate TV's. The bedroom has two beds. The living room has a pull out bed/couch, a desk, and a kitchen with a microwave, refrigerator, and a coffee pot. I liked the two TV's because me and my husband could watch our own shows while our kids could watch their own shows. They had a 24 hour coffee and tea station in the hallway, that was convenient.
The rooms are a little old.
The lobby and the hallway always had a "soapy" smell. The smell was fresh and clean.
There was nobody outside by the pool when we were there. The spa was comfortable.
The only problem we had was on our way to the pool walking through the courtyard around 8:30 p.m., the sprinklers were on and they were blocking the cement pathway. I decided to walk through the grass, but it was very slippery. The next day I told the front desk about the sprinklers. They simply fulfilled my request.
The continental breakfast was basic, self serve waffles, fruit, coffe, juice, hard boiled eggs, and other. It was very crowded when we went to the continental breakfast between 8-9 a.m. The last day of our stay, we came early between 6-7 a.m., and we were almost the only ones in there.
Breakfast room service is also available.
The gym doesn't even open 'till 7a.m. in case you are an early person. Check out is available by phone or desk.
The hotel has a nice pond on the outside of it.

• Liked — Great customer service, clean, family oriented, reasonable price
  • Disliked — Rooms are a little old
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2007

Our stay at the Windmill Suites was definitely better than we expected of a motel at this price range. The room was very large and well kept. The king bed was fine and the room was quiet.

• Stayed October 2007
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surprise
Quality Inn & Suites of the Sun Cities
Hampton Inn Suites Phoenix Surprise
Days Inn & Suites Surprise
Holiday Inn Express Surprise
Comfort Inn & Suites Surprise
Sun City Inn & Suites
Sun City Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Youngtown

Been to Windmill Suites in Surprise? Share your experiences!