“Comfy rooms & good breakfast buffet”

Holiday Inn Express Surprise
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My hubby & I went to Surprise for the night & this Holiday Inn was perfect. Check in went smoothly, our room was clean & beds comfy! Breakfast buffet was plentiful & coffee hot. Only complaint would be the water pressure of the shower was disappointing.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel provides a typical American welcome. Staff are very charismatic and warm, it does brighten the day. And it always help to have cheerful staff manning the breakfast area, it makes simple meals tasted great.

I have no hassle with check in and out. Thanks for being prompt. Room was well-kept and comfortable,

Great place to stay, except the distance to the mall. There don't seem to be able to get a taxi to the nearest mall. I walked there and back for 2 nights. Always wish that there were ferry services

All in all, well done for making me feel at home.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Been to a lot of hotels but I have to say I don't know how you could beat the customer service.- Very friendly and accomodating.

The facility is top rate. Great breakfast and accomodations. Although we were there a little early for baseball (on business) a few ball players were there and prepping for Spring training.

Great job to the management!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Excellent management and wonderful staff. During our brief stay, my entire family was treated with the utmost respect and courtesy. The facilities were utilized for a family gathering from many parts of the country, and all felt comfortable and welcome upon arrival as well as during their stay.

Thank you to all!

Room Tip: Enjoy your stay, the staff here was well trained, courteous and friendly.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JRTowle
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Came to town on a whim to visit a friend, so at first I only had one night booked. I ended up extending for the rest of the week, and they were kind enough to reduce my rate for that time. Everyone at the front desk is super helpful, and the place was clean.

Walls were a little thin, as they tend to be in hotels. Also, the bathroom water was very high in chlorine; I smelled like a swimming pool throughout my trip.

Still, the pros outweigh the cons, and this is yet another straightforward and satisfying Holiday Inn Express location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My hubs and I traveled to the Phoenix International Raceway for the Fall NASCAR race. Since we had a great experience at another HIE in March, we decided to stay at this location based on a combination of price and location. We arrived there after a long day in the sun and were instantly wowed. The Hotel itself is beautiful. The rooms were just beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. As soon as we stepped in the doors I was sad that I had changed our reservation from two nights to one, thinking we'd prefer to head back home. It felt like a little spa location...

The staff went out of their way to cater to our needs. When my hubs had trouble with the FREE WiFi, he was able to speak to someone in tech support who fixed him right up. The bed was clean and super comfortable with several pillows to choose from. We were located at the end of a hallway and had a very restful noise free sleep. The bathroom was very clean and met our needs. The television was a nice large flat screen with many viewing options. Breakfast was provided the following day and was "ok". There were nice cereals, fruits, pastries and juices to choose from which we did. The pancake maker was strange and didn't work exactly right for us and the pancake flavor was no bueno. I had never seen eggs made like they were (can't explain it) but they were actually tasty. Overall the breakfast met our needs to get us going for the day.

Checkout was a breeze and we received an accurate receipt with no issues. My one point of concern was that I noticed something weird on my bank statement the following week after our return. Still to this day I don't know what it was, but after it fell off I was fine. My issue is that when I called for help, the front desk folks were unable to do so and suggested that I contact the reservation department I used to make the reservation (the 800 #). I was unable to speak with the hotel manager who was "in a meeting". They told me he wouldn't call me back that day. This irritated me because you are talking about MY money and while I concede that it didn't seem like an error on their part nor could the person find the error...to me customer service dictates you make sure you make it right and immediately when we are talking about money. To make it worse, the manager NEVER called me the next day or ever to follow up with me. I called and straightened everything out with the 800# and the issue was explained and fixed. But I didn't like the way the actual location handled my concerns.

All in all, yes I'd stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kamelinaa
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed 4 days in January /2013
What a Great Hotel - New and Modern with extremely comfortable Beds!! Breakfast Buffet was fresh and attended to all thru the morning with everything from cold cereal choices to oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, Fresh Cinnamon Rolls, sausage & biscuits w/ Gravy. Toast, Bagels and pancake maker.... Juice, Milk coffee tea and hot chocolate - enjoyable-Convenient and a very nice way to start the day
The pool was Small by some hotel standards but not too small. My Family spent hours enjoying swimming and the hot tub outside.

Close to main Road for restraunts and Shopping Malls - There is a nice mini store on site that had all the snacks and munchies the kids could need including ice cream.

Front desk Staff was kind and Friendly special Refrence to Derrick who continually went above and beyond. Holiday Inn Express Surprise should be Happy to have such a great Customer Service Advocate on their Staff/Front Lines.
Housekeeping Staff were very Thorough and Friendly in the Halls. I really noticed how perfect the beds were made up, tight and crisp.

This brings me to my only Dissapointment- no Star of the Week or Honorable Staff Mention cards in the Rooms- I honestly think its important your Customers let you know when an Employee Stands out- and Holiday Inn Staffers would love to know when they do a Great Job!! I hope Management looks at adding these cards to each Room.

We will definitely be back. I have a new Favorite Holiday Inn