“Noisy and Disappointing”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Worcester, England
“Noisy and Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at this hotel and, having viewed other reviews of the property, were extremely disappointed. On the positive side the hotel is modern; the rooms well maintained and clean; and the hotel is within walking distance of Surprise Stadium for Spring Training and Arizona Fall League baseball. The room itself was standard HOE ie clean, bright & functional.

Despite requesting a quiet upper floor room, we were unfortunately allocated Room 103 on the ground floor. This was very noisy, being located close to a side exit to the car park (loud talking in the corridor; banging exit door at all hours). The breakfast was also a big disappointment; the food was not good, and cleaning of the tables was non-existent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scorpian87
FantasticSurprise, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Surprise, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
I want to personally take this time and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I would like to personally extend to you the invite to contact me directly so we can make this situation you experienced right. We take these matters very seriously, and if that was not conveyed by my team I offer you my deepest apology. Feel free to call the hotel direct and ask for me personally.

Will Nielsen (GM)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hebrew first
Fort Mohave, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a great stay here. I brought my husband and two young children, and all of our needs were met. The location was perfect, right down the street from my cousin (we were in town for her baby shower). The room was huge, very clean, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Ashley M
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before and besides the cleanliness of the hotel, nothing stood out until I visited recently, which is my reason for writing a review. I wanted to recognize an employee named Derrick. I was very surprised of how enthusiastic he was and not only that, he recognized my loyalty to Priority Club. He looks like a guy who enjoys his work compare to other Holiday Inn where I constantly stay at. It's too bad I'm not in this territory often because with that type of personable character after a long drive, it helps lift my attitude as well. When it comes to their hotel, it is very clean and cozy. I will definitely come back when I'm in the area.

Way to go D-Nice!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our reservation was a 911 call. The temperature in our house was in the 90's. The compressor for air conditioning had died. And, having a heart condition did not help matters. A call was made and the hotel immediately allowed us to check in early and check out late. The front desk was very accommodating. We also required a handicapped room and the hotel met our needs. It was a nice room with a small refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom had a coffee maker. Our room was located by the exit door which was great. We were grateful to find a place to stay but we were a little disappointed that our entrance to the room had several dead bugs on the floor and the shower head in the bathroom was out of control. We would return to this hotel because they were so accommodating, but we will also check out the room before we check in.

Room Tip: Specify first floor near exit door if you have specials needs. And, locate your room in a quiet are...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hacienda Heights
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

What a nice surprise to come into a nice clean and comfortable room after a long drive. We traveled with our niece and her 14 month old toddler. Called ahead to make sure a crib would be in the room. Front desk very friendly, quick check- in and into our room. Oh no! No crib. A call to the front desk and one arrived within 10 minutes. Clean room, comfortable bed, nice breakfast, friendly staff. What more could you ask for. Really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Camp Hillpa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Everything at this hotel was great, staff were extremly courteous, everything was clean, shubbrey was beautiful. They started the free buffet breakfast at 6 one hour earlier to accomadate our tennis schedules. That was nice and it was good. I had a nice room with coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. Marce was extremly courteous and very helpful at the front desk. 4-24-2012, Jack Skowronski

Room Tip: All good from what I saw
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. We were on the second floor overlooking the swimming pool. Although there were people in the pool, we didn't hear them. The free breakfast is great! Overall,, the hotel is a great value. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a nice room with free breakfast at a good price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends