“Surprise - Surprise - Surprise”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 204 Restaurants in Surprise
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been reading the previous reviews for this restaurant and have been hesitant to go there. I was invited there to attend a group function. I was pleasantly surprised with the attentiveness of the staff to our needs and the food was acually pretty good. Everything went very well for dinner.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We have been wanting for the right night to try the new Longhorn Steakhouse in Surprise. Maybe our expectations were too high, but the place was just average. The ambiance is great with very nice western paintings and artifacts. The menu shows lots of yummy choices. The service was good, but the food was adequate. I am a veggie nut and my mixed veggies were mushy. Some were hot and some were cold. My friend's veggies were cold and raw. Maybe I got the end of the pot and she got the new batch, but then her steak was cold and overdone on one end. It was ok on the other end. My ribs were tasty. Her food came out after everyone else. It may be a good place for others and it may still be growing pains, but for us it was disappointing.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Lobster shrimp dip wound up being the highlight of the meal.We went there because we used to have one by our home in Long Beach and loved the burgers.Unfortunately this LongHorn isn't the same as the burger was dry and lacked flavor.This is the place to go if you want a cheap steak.There were plenty of people eating there..
We had a very attentive server named William and we liked him very much.We told him the french fries tasted like they had been sitting around for awhile and he hopped to it and brought us a hot basket that were worth the calories.
Sad to say we would not go back!

2  Thank PeggyChism
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Went to Longhorn's for a late lunch. There was no wait, because the place was half empty. (Please keep this in mind) We were greeted promptly by our server and that would be the last time she would be prompt. We ordered and it was 20 minutes before we would receive glasses of water. It was another 10 minutes before we received some bread. Mind you in the same 10 minutes, the table next to us received two baskets. When our server finally brought our bread, we thanked her. She did not respond but turned immediately around and stood within 6 inches of our table looking around to figure out who else she had brought bread out for. She stood there at least two minutes with a very puzzled look on her face and then darted off. I ordered the Seven Pepper Steak Salad which was uneventful. My husband ordered a medium bacon cheeseburger without any garnish on it. His burger came well done with pickles. I must also add that upon leaving, I had to move out of the way for not one or two, but three employees of the restaurant. It was only fifty feet to the exit. Needless to say, we tried it once and will skip it in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a new facility for Surprise and we just wanted to try it out. No pun intended, but Surprise, Surprise. The eight of us were very, very impresses with the service, quality, and value. We all agreed we would make it one of our frequent eating stops. We find ourselves going out to eat about 3-4 times per week and Longhorn just made our "favorites" list.