“Very Disappointed”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I know a lot of people must like the Outback because everywhere I have gone people are willing to wait outside for an hour to get inside and eat there. But, I would not ever wait that long for this restaurant. I have gone to one or another of them in the past, (and wasn't fond of them then) and this weekend, we tried again in Surprise and were disappointed.
We were seated fair quickly, but in a booth that must have been in a "blackhole". A server never came to greet, offer water, or take an order.
After 20 mins. of seeing other tables around us served, my husband went to ask for the manager; he came to our table but didn't seem to know what to do. He found out there was a miscommunication between the hostess and a server - but the server was not sent to our table. The manager actually, on the fly, took our order, brought water glasses, and said "we'll work something out." (what?!) The table had been used before us and the bill and tip was still on the table. The manager sent out our orders and checked on how we were once in a while. Different people brought different things. My steak was not cooked as requested, and when I asked for shrimp in its place, he nicely brought back shrimp and a slice of "prime rib" (which I actually do not like). It was not cooked right either so I left it and told the manager why. The drink that I ordered was not available, so I had to order something different also.
As you can see, it may not have been a typical night at the Outback, but it was my reality. The manager actually picked up the tab for both meals except for the tax, which he left on the tab and asked us to pay! All I can say is "go at your own risk, and make sure they do not place you at the first booth right behind the hostess stand! THAT is the "blackhole" and puts you into the "twilight zone".

There are newer reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Nine of us descended upon our local Outback Steakhouse for an enjoyable meal. We were not disappointed. All nine of us agreed that our meals were excellent. During our conversation most of us learned that Outback is owned by non other than Flemings (My number 1 Restaurant). Our waiter was extremely good considering he had to take care of the requests of nine people. Our drink glasses were filled before they were ever empty and the Chef did his part also. The steaks, snow crab, lobster tails, salmon, seafood sampler, and ribs were all prepared just the way we expected, without a flaw. It is always nice to have outstanding service and they once again did not let us down. Based on this very gratifying experience, we shall return.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Came into the resturant with 4 adults and 2 toddlers. Were very helpful getting us set up and delivering something for the babies quickly. Our food was very good and the service was excellent!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The food at Outback is great. And the Bar Staff at the Grand Ave. Outback's in Surprise is just THE BEST!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had made reservation for the four of us and when we arrived I was most thankful that I had as there was a long waiting line outside as well as inside. We were seated within 10 minutes of arriving and though it was extremely busy our waiter was at our table shortly after we were seated.
The ribs were juicy and tender and the steaks perfectly done. Desert was delicious. Prices were very reasonable. Service was excellent. We will definitely be returning to this Outback Steakhouse soon.