“Third time-not the charm!”
Review of Nick's Diner

Nick's Diner
Ranked #39 of 204 Restaurants in Surprise
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Originally taken here by a friend who raved about Nick's. Ate-felt sick.
Went back for another meal to give it a second chance- Ate-felt sick.
Friends wanted to stop for a meal. I was uneasy about going. Ate-felt sick.
Won't be going back ever!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was taken to Nick's by a friend to have breakfast. How good can breakfast be? It was better than good, it was great. I had hash, eggs and hash brown potatoes. It was perfect, the waitperson was polite and friendly, the place is clean and good parking. And most important, it didn't cost an arm and leg.
I took my wife to Nick's the following week and we had Gyros which are better than the ones we had in Athens. They now have a loyal regular customer.

1  Thank jalexander42
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Haven't been back here for a year or so... The last time I was there I asked for a meal with mash potatoes per the menu. When my meal came, I had a little bit of every kind of potato there is, basically - except the mashed...? There was no explanation if they were out or what, no opportunity to order something else, etc.! Just sat it in front of me. I ate whatever else I had ordered and left those and walked out never to darken their door again. Why didn't I ask, not my place to do that, they should have explained if they cared about customers and keeping customers. Note: for below time of visit, does not go far back enough... Wish I did have a photo of that plate, I was too much in shock to take one with my phone...

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Nick's diner is an actual diner, even if it's still a start-up diner. No displays of baked goods and deserts as you walk in. No pork rolls, no hard liquor bar. No fancy booths. So what. They serve good food and offer Greek and Italian cooking in addition to American recipes. And everything is very reasonably priced. I expect this diner will grow into a major diner with all the bells and whistles someday, but you don't have to wait. The food is already there.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

What more can I say? Nick's is a great diner! We enjoyed dinner here on a very busy Friday night. It's a rather small place, tucked in the middle of a strip mall, but don't let that put you off. Service was friendly and portions were huge. Despite being swamped, the kitchen got our order out fairly quickly. Four people ordered four different items and all were happy. My fish & chips (the menu portion) was huge, after sharing I still took half the fish home. Others enjoyed spaghetti with meatballs (at least a dozen!), Greek souvlaki dinner and a grilled cheese (offered choice of cheeses), which were all generously portioned. Prices are low, four of us ate for $35! Definitely will go back when we revisit the area. I'm looking forward to their $5 breakfast specials.

1  Thank CJ_Referee