“Best Chinese in the west side!!!!!”

Big Buddha Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 193 Restaurants in Surprise
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

We have tried almost every place in the area and they are nothing compared to this place. Entrees are a plenty the veggies and meats seem fresh and made to order, good pricing , great selection, great staff, and most of all great food. One of our favorite Friday night spots.

1  Thank Belowme01

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have visited this restaurant 3 times before but yesterday I was very disappointed; so here's a warning. I know they make good meals but if you are used to having a good egg foo yong, a flat scrambled egg patty under a good gravy or sauce, forget this place. What they serve is a couple of huge clumps of, when cut open, what looks like maybe a cup of Chinese rice packed tight with some egg in between and wrapped in the fried egg and drizzled with sauce! I saw nor tasted any vegetables like onions, sprouts or other, just rice, but didn't quite look or taste like it! Ugh! Since that was my favorite among Chinese foods, I was terribly disappointed and gave it back. It took 25 minutes for them to bring it to me, the waiter did not come back to greet me or check on me, so I had to hail the waiter to give it back. I was then short on time so I opted for an order of egg rolls... which are very tasty but not the same. A couple at the table next to me told me their egg foo yong was "very good", so I ordered mine. But I don't know what they thought was good at all.
When I checked out , the clerk said she was the owner, and as she charged me for the egg rolls, she neither apologized nor accommodated me in any way, and insisted that the egg foo yong is authentic and the correct way to prepare it. All I can say is "this was not my first rodeo" and I have had them many times before, but not like this. I will go there again for other foods such as the Mongolian Beef, but never again will order this one.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We absolutely LOVE this restaurant located in Surprise, AZ. It has everything we look for in a restaurant, great food, wonderful cozy atmosphere and an amazing staff. Whether we dine in or pick up to take home, we are always greeted with a friendly smile and awesome food!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We moved here a little over a year ago from the Pacific Northwest where we had a lot of Asian influence so finding a Chinese restaurant in Arizona was hard until we found Big Buddha; we've been here a few times now and love it. The sweet and sour combo is awesome. We'll be regulars here from now on.

1  Thank RCampbell1971
Reviewed November 7, 2013

You will love this place, consistent good quality and service. Reasonable prices. Dine in or take out.

1  Thank Glenn S