“The Best Wonton Soup Around”

Big Buddha Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 188 Restaurants in Surprise
Cuisines: Chinese
Surprise, Arizona
“The Best Wonton Soup Around”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

As a "kamaaina" from Honolulu and Kona I'm always looking for that taste of home. I've visited a number of Chinese restaurants around the valley and have found none can match Big Budd's wonton soup. I can't find the island's favorite, saimin, anywhere in the valley, so I've settled for the second best, wonton soup. All I need to bring is my appetite and my own Chinese spoon (I don't like to use the American spoons because they're too small).

I've been to restaurants where they've been real skimpy on the the number of wontons, or where the soup base is really thin or the size of the wonton is about the size of my pinkie nail. Not so at Big Budda...

I usually order only the regular wonton soup and when I want something just a little different I order the wor (shrimp) wonton soup. The soup is served hot in a large bowl with some veggies and a large number of wontons. All that's needed is for me to add some chilli oil and soyu (shoy sauce for you "haoles".

Da best in the valley!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Pakefromkona

Longview, Washington
“Dinner For Two”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have eaten here before and liked the food so well we decided to come back a second time.
The food was very good, they seem to have Chinese dishes that are a little different than your ordinary Chinese restaurants. I had Orange Peel Chicken and my wife had a Crispy Spicy Beef. Both dishes were very good. The service was very prompt and friendly. We will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“This was very good”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is the second time we had lunch at Big Buddha. Recommended by Sands Chevrolet dealership. It was very good, better the first time i think which was back in December. But still very good. Service great. will definitely go back.

• Visited September 2012
“Good Chinese food”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This resturant is pretty good. I have had better. The staff is very friendly and nice. I used to go there with my wife for Christmas and holidays when we did not feel like cooking. It is very nice. Now I just go to China for Christmas.

“Great”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Clean, good food, friendly staff. what more does a person want?

Visited June 2012