“Fantastic Long-tem Stay”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fantastic Long-tem Stay”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The front desk staff was very friendly, they took the time to explain all of their special events. Their breakfast is decent, and they also offer dinner and drinks Tuesday - Thursday evenings with a different menu every day. My room was VERY clean all the time, and I cooked in it every day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HudginsD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Sun City West, Arizona
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 71 days because we had house repairs. We were disappointed because we found the swimming pool dirty with floating trash, a beer top pull at the pool bottom, and excessive pool scum. We found these problem the next day after we witnessed a big swimming pool party of teenage baseball players the night before. That next day the pool smelled like a toilet when we went swimming so we had to immediately get out of the pool. We complained about the poor swimming pool's condition to the hotel's maintenance man, front desk employee, and the manager. We verified that the hotel's swimming pool had low and no chlorine. We were extremely disappointed that after spending so much money there this summer that this hotel took very little responsibility and failed to apologize for their poor hotel swimming pool conditions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MarkFairall
Samantha C, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix NW/Surprise, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
It is my goal as well as the entire staff to ensure that each and every guest has a positive, safe and memorable experience. I am sorry that you feel as though your circumstance was not properly handled. I responded to all of your concerns and allegations in a timely and responsible manner. It is my job to properly investigate all allegations prior to making a decision. All relevant concerns that you made we're addressed by a third party insurance adjuster that you requested. After a thorough investigation it was determined that the evidence presented fell short of supporting your claims.
Our hotel is consistently ranked in the top 3% of performing hotels with in its brand. We take great pride in giving our guests a clean and enjoyable place to call home during long stays such as yours.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I stay at this property more than 3-4x a year. First, The staff is UN-BELIEVABLY cordial, respectful, and our rooms are ALWAYS CLEAN and fresh. As far as the grounds and the pool, and pool area are also ALWAYS kept clean. We have stayed there during some baseball tournament. The boys were i guess 12-15yr olds. They are kids and they are or should be allowed to have fun. They were respectful to their coaches and their parents, it was WELL obvious. Mrs. Samantha Callahan may be hard to reach at times but when I have an issue from my pillows to my parking spot, she ALWAYS gets back to me. IDK what this person/persons are trying to pull by saying "i got an infection from the pool. the pool smells like urine." Please, WHY would you enter a pool that you claimed smelled like urine? REALLY? Thats pretty silly to me. From the front desk ladies, Nahla, Olivia and I think there was a Leyla anda Brittanay. WONDERFUL SPIRITS. PLEASE, when you read this persons lies, ask him "wheres the PROOF"? THEN maybe I would believe this....COULD this POSSIBLY be because you have MULTIPLE cases going on in court? GOOD LUCK, and if you don't enjoy staying at this Res. Inn, I guess you will not be going back? Good Luck also with what ever it is you are complaining about. From what I hear its a walk in the park and a good shower. have a great day :)

Room Tip: All thhe rooms are beautful, but when I stay I ask to be on the 3rd or 4th floor FACING the Baseball...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Samantha C, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix NW/Surprise, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for taking the time to show such strong support for the cleanliness of the hotel and friendliness of the staff. We take a lot of pride in making this an exceptional experience for all of our guests. We appreciate feedback on both sides to help us continuously grow in the journey of understanding our guest and their travel needs.
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Surprising - because it is unusual for some suite lodgings, the Residence Inn functions as a well oiled operation that can only be the result of superb teamwork, excellent management, and attention to detail. Surprising, because not many long term residence type hotels hit all of the points required to bring client satisfaction in all areas. This Residence Inn is of recent architectural vintage, contemporary in external style featuring a mixture of surfaces and colors on the inside that represent the contemporary blended with some traditional touches. The front desk staff is excellent and professional, yet still personable. Housekeeping staff is very attentive to the entire facility and energetic. Maintenance and other specialities members stay on top of their tasks. Especially noteworthy are the dining courtesies through the daily full buffet breakfasts and selected evenings hot treats and beverages provided by management, prepared by Angie and Mercedes. This type of functional teamwork appears to be from employee loyalty and good management. Staying in a three-piece bedroom suite for over two weeks, we found all room accommodations to be complete and well presented, including a comfortable bed in a doored bedroom, complete kitchen with granite counters, separate WC and bath-shower room, and separated vanity area with door. Pool, fitness room, lounge, and spacious lobby areas complete the package of this inn located in an attractive neighborhood near plentiful dining and shopping resources in Surprise, Arizona.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DustyReader
green bay, wi
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved our visit there. The staff was great, the other guests were so friendly that we felt we were part of a community. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay in Phoenix.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank frankensurfer
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wow. Was there an error in my bill? Did I really pay less here than I paid in Tonopah two nights ago? Yes, I did. I'm fairly convinced I wasn't dreaming.

Was it perfect? This is where I say "no," right? Yeah, I think it might have been perfect. I can't think of a single thing that went wrong. I may be forgetting something, but if there was anything, it was small.

The staff was a bit too professional, if that makes sense. The room was big, well designed and well stocked. I felt bad staying here just one night as I realize they are catering to those that are staying longer, but if they're going to allow it, I'm going to choose a place like this any day.

I can't imagine why I'd need to stay in Surprise again, but if I do I'll be staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ralverde
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I'm loving my stay at a king room. The hotel still seems to have that "new car smell", being only three years old. The location is off the main road, and the windows provide excellent sound proofing. The suites are very comfortable. They really are designed to be lived in; the layout and furniture arrangement make perfect sense.

The most important part for me ( being a germophobe that I am) everything is absolutely spotless clean. My standards on cleanliness are sky high, and this place managed to make me deliriously happy. Kudos.

You get nicely equipped kitchen (dish soap provided), full size refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, dining table for two, office corner, living area with a love seat , coffee table and an armchair, swiveling flat screen TV (which doubles as a divider between living and bedroom areas), plenty of closet and drawer space and a sink that is separated from bathroom (convenient ).

The bed and pillows are very comfortable. Air conditioning works great, an important component when staying in AZ in the summer. I didn't really use the common pool, gym or any other amnesties but they looked standard. The hotel seems to be under-booked, and there is only one staff member at the desk at any time. That said, the staff is friendly and helpful. They do a great job.

There are really only two covets to the experience:
- if your neighbors cook food, the smell does travel to your room. It seems to get there through the vents, as hallway remains smell free.
- complimentary breakfast is not impressive in quality and freshness despite seemingly varied choices. Since there is a kitchen in the room, I suggest arranging your own or taking a quick drive to Wildflower Bread Company down the road.

Overall, excellent stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo