Residence Inn Phoenix NW/Surprise
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitfull kitchenbedroom suitespring trainingbasketball courtdining tablethe kitchen staffbeer and winereal eggspractice fieldsfront desk managertexas rangersliving areaevery morningget togethersevening receptionthe beds were extremely comfortable
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved our visit there. The staff was great, the other guests were so friendly that we felt we were part of a community. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay in Phoenix.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank frankensurfer
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wow. Was there an error in my bill? Did I really pay less here than I paid in Tonopah two nights ago? Yes, I did. I'm fairly convinced I wasn't dreaming.

Was it perfect? This is where I say "no," right? Yeah, I think it might have been perfect. I can't think of a single thing that went wrong. I may be forgetting something, but if there was anything, it was small.

The staff was a bit too professional, if that makes sense. The room was big, well designed and well stocked. I felt bad staying here just one night as I realize they are catering to those that are staying longer, but if they're going to allow it, I'm going to choose a place like this any day.

I can't imagine why I'd need to stay in Surprise again, but if I do I'll be staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ralverde
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I'm loving my stay at a king room. The hotel still seems to have that "new car smell", being only three years old. The location is off the main road, and the windows provide excellent sound proofing. The suites are very comfortable. They really are designed to be lived in; the layout and furniture arrangement make perfect sense.

The most important part for me ( being a germophobe that I am) everything is absolutely spotless clean. My standards on cleanliness are sky high, and this place managed to make me deliriously happy. Kudos.

You get nicely equipped kitchen (dish soap provided), full size refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, dining table for two, office corner, living area with a love seat , coffee table and an armchair, swiveling flat screen TV (which doubles as a divider between living and bedroom areas), plenty of closet and drawer space and a sink that is separated from bathroom (convenient ).

The bed and pillows are very comfortable. Air conditioning works great, an important component when staying in AZ in the summer. I didn't really use the common pool, gym or any other amnesties but they looked standard. The hotel seems to be under-booked, and there is only one staff member at the desk at any time. That said, the staff is friendly and helpful. They do a great job.

There are really only two covets to the experience:
- if your neighbors cook food, the smell does travel to your room. It seems to get there through the vents, as hallway remains smell free.
- complimentary breakfast is not impressive in quality and freshness despite seemingly varied choices. Since there is a kitchen in the room, I suggest arranging your own or taking a quick drive to Wildflower Bread Company down the road.

Overall, excellent stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DC_traveler_gal
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in August 2013. My room was nicely decorated and clean, with plenty of room and quality TV and wireless included. I have not stayed in a Residence Inn property in many years, but this one seems very well-maintained for this brand. The location is 1 block from the baseball stadium for the Kansas City Royals and Texas Rangers in the Spring training season.

The property has an adequate breakfast with some hot items, as well as food and drinks at night for the guests.

Check-in and check out was very convenient, and pricing was reasonable for a quality room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank IlliniRon
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is an outstanding hotel. The rooms are enormous, and the amenities plentiful. We stayed longer than planned! Over a period of days, we saw the same management over and over, which offers a very comfortable form of familiarity. During that time, we were repeatedly asked if we needed anything or if all was going well. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool are best. The south side was great. One small matter is water from the pool/jacuzzi, dripping all the way through the main lobby to the elevators and beyond. Be careful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family