“Sunday Breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Sunday Breakfast
Our search for a Sunday breakfast (our big treat out) without the feeling of having bacon and eggs being slung at you, always takes us back to Amuse Bouche. My partner had the waffles decked with whipped cream and strawberries. He’s like a kid in a candy shop as this is a rare treat on our lower calorie diet. I had the corn beef hash (which is made on site) and poached egg with hollandaise sauce. I saw another person close by (yes the tables are very close) and realized the meal would be way too much, so asked for a smaller portion. I noticed on some of the reviews that the tables in the restaurant are too close together. However, I admire the owners not taking advantage of their recent kudos in magazines and newspapers to move to larger quarters. I think the whole ambience of this small family restaurant would change. By the way, the coffee is great and our cups were constantly being replenished. I suggest you go early and make a reservation.

3  Thank LorenaMcC

Reviewed January 7, 2014

the food is okay, the service is terrible (think wait staff in a snooty NYC restaurant) and the price is way out of line ...

1  Thank Liz B
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Was good but like European restaurants, you sit very close to everyone else. Not used to that and don't like it. At least the people are not rowdy. Expensive, so the diners are older and have enough manners to create separation by containing the volume. Good for foodies. Not good if you are looking for good food at affordable price with nice ambiance.

2  Thank PickyFlyer
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Had lunch at this small store front restaurant. WOW! What a wonderful little French/American restaurant. The quiche Lorraine was the lightest, fluffiest, most delicious quiche I have ever eaten. I just didn't want it to end. It was accompanied with a salad which made it a perfect lunch for me. I have had quiche in Paris and a French restaurant in NYC that just didn't match up to this. My friend had the beet and warm goat cheese salad that was delish. Unfortunately, we were to full to try one of the desserts. I'm sure they are just as flavorful. We will definitely return with hubbies for dinner. Be sure to make a reservation as the restaurant is very small. It is a BYBO, so bring your favorite wine.

1  Thank aztravellover007
Reviewed October 26, 2013

You dont expect 5 star French American in West of the 101, but there it is.

In a strip mall, with BYOW, and a menu that will blow your expectations and taste buds out of anything you can imagine.

It is an experience not to be underestimated. A GREAT DATE NIGHT!!!

1  Thank KrustytheClownRJB