“Extremely Clean and friendly...”

Comfort Inn & Suites Surprise
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Kingman, AZ
“Extremely Clean and friendly...”
Reviewed March 6, 2009

We did not have reservations here as our stay was last minute. I believe it is one of the newer motels in Surprise, but it was extremely clean. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was perfect. Lots of choices. Even though it was Feb, the weather was nice enough to hit the jacuzzi. It was immaculate. It is in a busy location so do not expect a quiet hideaway, but on the plus side of that, it is located near restaurants and shopping. I used the fitness room and it was well equipped for it's size. There was always coffee available and fresh fruit. Nice place.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
GMSurpriseComfort, Assitant GM at Comfort Inn & Suites Surprise, responded to this review, March 14, 2009
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to having you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed February 24, 2009

I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites for 4 days while attending a funeral for a family member who had recently passed away. The hotel is not spectacular but it is by no means bad. The room was spacious and comfortable. The hotel offers a "deluxe" continental breakfast - basically some cold cereal, pastries, and a few hot options (sausage, bacon, premade omelets, biscuits and gravy (not good), and a waffle iron). The breakfast is fine for a day or two by got old by the third day. The hotel is fairly secure. Rooms open to inside hallways and you need a key card to get in after hours. The location is good with lots of restaurants (mostly chains) and shopping nearby - a Loews and a Target are right next door. The only complaint I have was the housekeeping service. Our room was not typically made up until as late as 4 or 5 in the evening. This made for some inconvenience and struck me as a bit odd. In other hotels, I have to ask the staff not to clean the room at 7 in the morning. I've never had this take so long. At the end of the day, however, while a bit inconvient, this was not the worst thing in the world - especially since I was spending so much of my time with my family. I should also mention that they have a small business center with a computer and printer that they allow guests to use for free. I appreciated this as the WiFi in the hotel worked well, but my laptop decided to stop working while I was there. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you need a place to sleep and don't need to spend much time on site.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Rideguy202
GMSurpriseComfort, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Surprise, responded to this review, March 14, 2009
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you had a problem with the house keeping. We have taken this into account and in the future we are going to strive to fix this problem and get rooms cleaned sooner. Thank you again for staying with us!