“Stay Away!”
Review of Porter's Cafe

Porter's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Superior
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The atmosphere seemed good but we ended up getting our OK food in 58 minutes from the time we ordered it! My tasteless burger (kept adding salt to get some kind of taste) came with just a very few fries (fries were home-made and only positive thing I can say). So, after waiting an excruciating hour for our food, I asked the owner if I could have a few more fries since we had waited for 1 hour! He made a smart remark (like he didn't believe me) but i did get the extra fries. My wife and I have NEVER waited 1 hour to get our food and we are in our mid 50's. If there are bikers parked nearby stay away or you could be in a for gigantic wait! They obviously can't handle crowds and the owner is a obnoxious person. The waiter probably barely got thru 6th grade.

2  Thank carol234

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Motorcycle day trips from Scottsdale is our passion and this has become our favorite destination. Great burgers and lots of other choices. Very friendly owner who works everyday. I can see why it is #1 in Superior on tripadvisor!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at Porter's Cafe while visiting the area to ride and hike the Arizona Trail from the Picketpost Trailhead. Our motel owner/manager suggested going there so we did. The food was delicious (pork loin chop and a Superior burger done with a veggie burger instead of beef); the side salad was simple but very cold and very fresh. The wait staff and the owner, Lynn Heglie, were all very personable, efficient and attentive. The atmosphere was truly fun-one wall covered with dollar bills and a nice long friendly bar. We enjoyed it here so much the first night we went back the very next for dinner again and also enjoyed playing trivia. They close at 8 p.m. so be sure to get there by about 6:30 or 7:00. Good basic menu (burgers, sandwiches) and also one special dinner is offered each night (e.g., chicken tacos, pork loin chop); very reasonable prices.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I swear their burger was 5 inches tall. It is a meal and a half. Actually everyone in our party had a fabulous lunch. I would love to go back for dinner. The place is very funky and fun - you feel like you are going back in time to an old saloon. The beer was served ice cold in a frosted glass and the walls were covered with interesting historical artifacts.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

On a scenic trip from Mesa to Globe, we returned via Superior and stopped for dinner at Porter's Cafe, highly recommended by tripadvisor. We loved it. My husband and I both order the Superior burger, a hefty burger packed with meat, chilies, bacon and cheese. It arrived with a side order or either a salad or chips. Order the chips. They also threw in a tiny salad for looks and it was perfect. Chilled beverages finished us off. The only disadvantage was there were no onions. If you want some, ask. The service was very quick, with food on the table in no time. Waiters were pleasant and efficient. Price for everything, including tip and drinks was about $30 for two.