“You can do it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mooney Falls

Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Supai
More attraction details
Owner description: This waterfall in the Grand Canyon towers higher than the Niagara Falls.
ma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“You can do it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Mooney Falls is intimidating BUT if you take your time, watch the foot holds and hand holds, chains and all, you can truly make it safely down and up and SO worth it. I had seen very large and very small people scale this trail successfully!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank terra

Great Neck, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Spectacular. The challenging hike down is half the fun.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Don't miss this one. It's a once I. A life time adventurous experience. The climb down is fascinating but not recommended for The faint of heart or Those with à fear of heights. It consisted of rock stairs with chains, including stairwells through 2 Cave tunnels. Which end Up At The top of à steep rock wall with chains which descend to 3 wooden ladders. You are instantly Cooled off by The refreshing spray of The falls. There is à picturesque place with a picnic table To stop accross a shallow stream.. Water shoes recommended.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank bonniesiracusa
Palisades, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“If I can do it, you can, too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my second trip to beautiful Mooney Falls. After the first time six years ago when I was only 62, I was so elated that I could get over my fear of heights and tricky climbs. I thought that since I had done this once I didn't ever have to do it again. But then the opportunity to do this hike and see these spectacular falls came my way again this year. Yes, the descent is a bit scary, but take your time, focus on the moment, relax, and maybe don't look down until you are on the last ladder and a few feet from the bottom. It is all worth it!! (And going back up is so much easier than that initial climb down.)

Visited June 2013
4 Thank diane1428
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Breath taking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Climb up and down obviously worth it! Not that difficult, just pay attention to what you're doing and where you're climbing, take your time :) pictures don't do this justice. Everyone must experience such an amazing place :)

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Stephlovesdrake
Lake View, AL
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Fabulous waterfall - and a frightening climb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

If you want to see what is beyond Mooney Falls, there is only one way to do it! I am old, fat, out of shape and afraid of heights, but I wanted to see it all! After climbing Mooney Falls I am convinced there is nothing I can't do!

Visited May 2013