“A little garden corner of england”
Review of Morley's Tearooms

Morley's Tearooms
Shoeburyness, United Kingdom
“A little garden corner of england”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Lovely atmosphere great coffee super staff you can look at all the garden experience and then relax

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Alan N

Essex
“Nice place for a spot of lunch”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We regularly go to Morley's tearoom and hubby and I came here last Sunday with our children and my sister in law and her boyfriend. I was surprised to find they did not have any reviews yet so thought I would leave one. The tearooms are actually in a Garden centre on the border of Gt Wakering/Southend and not Rochford as it says at the top.

Good tearooms (in fact any tearooms) in this part of Essex are almost non existent other than in Leigh-on-Sea. We love Morley's nurseries and often pop in for some lunch or cake.

They serve a range of sandwiches, paninis and jacket potatoes, along with a good range of home-made cakes and scones (sweet and cheese). They are limited on hot meals although they do have a couple of specials available most days. They serve a good range of illy coffee but they definitely need a better range of cold drinks. The food is a always good quality and tasty.

The staff are polite enough, although I do feel this could be improved on. It is not bad, but this is where I mark it down 1 star as they are all very young and would benefit from being more friendly and welcoming. The service is normally fairly quick though.

There is indoor and outdoor seating and the tearooms are quite large. There is also a couple of nice comfy sofas and a fish tank in the corner. It has a nice light airy relaxed feel to the place and it is always spotlessly clean both in the tearooms and through into the kitchens, which is very reassuring. They have been awarded 5 stars for hygiene from the food standard agency, which doesn't surprise me. They also have a corner where you purchase "Farm shop" type foods, jams, biscuits etc and a few gifts.

Prices are not bad, tearooms can be a bit expensive and I don't mind paying slightly more for good quality food and great service. I feel perhaps it is a little overpriced though. We had 2 "pie and veg" specials and 2 sandwiches for the kids, 4 cakes and 7 drinks/coffees. It came to around £42. Feel £35 would of been about right for we had though.

Overall a good place to come for a peaceful relaxing lunch in nice surroundings and if you like tearooms as opposed to a greasy spoon, then would highly recommend. Somewhere we will often visit.

• Visited April 2012