“Ladies on tour”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Ladies on tour”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

10 ladies visited this amazing restoration project. We had a wonderful personal guided tour encompassing history, gardens and buildings. The video of the church being transported was a highlight and likewise the fabulous afternoon tea. We were very privileged to share this wonderful old home with two amazing owners

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sandra T

Quebec
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Potential is there...”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The house was, no doubt, once splendid. The woodwork is beautiful and the collection of antiques has the potential to be truly stunning. But....

When we arrived, there was nobody to greet, tell us anything, give us any direction whatsoever...It felt like we were breaking and entering into someone's home! We did wander about, and several people said hello, but all seemed consumed with preparations for a wedding coming up...So perhaps that's why there appeared to be no organization. But I guess I was expecting a more "museum"/"historic site" atmosphere.

The place looks like it is just beginning with restorations, so bits of it are rather decayed. But the flat screen TV and modern chairs in one room and the computer in another, not to mention the dirty towels and clothing in some other rooms (and yes, we did stay out of rooms with closed doors and rooms marked "private") made me feel more and more like this place is not quite ready to be a tourist attraction! I was uncomfortable to say the least.

When we inquired about our tea, the person who took our reservation had forgetten to notify the kitchen so instead of waiting, we left. They were so busy, I bet they were glad to see us leave! I would have left a donation, but there was no place to do that either. I guess I could have stuffed some bills into someone's hands...Just seemed a bit strange to me.

All in all, when the place gets fixed up and tidied up (there were dead flies in the china "displays", and the outbuildings were fulll of junk and working farm equipment), it will be spectacular...right now, it is just someone's big old house.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank fionaqc
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Reasonable and beautiful place for high tea”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Owner was a bit snooty at first but warmed up. Seemed like she was doing us a favour even though we had booked. Stunning garden and good tea. Large selection of teas and a tasty treats. Would recommend

Visited November 2012