The Royale Krakatau
  • Room Service
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf coursebusiness tripgolf fieldswimming poolbistro restaurantnice hotelhotel areabeautiful viewair conditionspecial thanksthe food is greatcottage roomhotel staffsecond homeindustrial arearecommended hotelquick response
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and my self have found the hotel a excellent choice. The staff are helpfull and friendly and are prepeard to go out of their way to help guests. The rooms are clean and comfortable, tea and coffee making is also in the room along with a mini bar.
The food covers both Asian and western tastes, we use the Bistro in the main building which offers both Buffet and Al a carte both of which are of a high standard, and the service from the staff excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
TheRoyaleKrakatau, Room Division Manager at The Royale Krakatau, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Joe M,

Thank you very much for your detailed and positive review on the Royale Krakatau Hotel Cilegon. We are delighted to read that you were pleased by our team’s welcome and service. Thank you as well for your compliments on our rooms, our facilities and our Restaurant as well as for sharing a room tip with the other Trip Advisor user. We look forward to welcoming you again soon upon your next visit to Cilegon,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We arrive at the Royal Krakatau hotel at 1300hrs on June 11th
Our booking was done by phone to the hotel about a week ago for a Family Suite from June 11th to June 14th, reservation number 249222 confirmed by J.
There was a lot of confusion at the reception as apparently my booking was not there, to the point that one hour later, I got quite angry and they out of the blue took me and my wife to the Family Suite # 102......
Well, what a dump!! Everything in there was falling apart,the sofa were so dirty you would not believe, the armrests were all torn out to the foam, , the walls had an unknown color, and grafitti's, the main bedroom has a 15" TV box from last century, the AC is all black , the bathrooms have seen much better time, toilets leaking etc....the main so called dining room has a totally worn out table...the all place is a total wreck!!!!! A bit like a losmen, but the Family suite is 170$/day and the losmen 5$/day
No wonder why on the Royal Krakatau site there are no pictures of that Family Suite.....
I angrily went back to the reception and asked a room as advertised on the pictures in the well exposed book sitting there, clean and quite, modern AC, large LED TV , clean sofa's etc....
The duty Manager showed us in the main building a Suite on the 5th floor, but unfortunatly there are renovations ongoing on the roof and we could not stay there listening to the defeaning noise of continuous hammering...
Back down in the reception, I looked at the famous nice pictures book and found the Royal Suite # 302 and I said I wanted that one.....
Waiting and waiting.....around 1600hrs (so 2 hours after our arrival ) I was guided to the Royal Suite, unpacked everything from our car to the rooms.
Next someone called and said that we could only stay there one night as the Royal Suite is for VIP's only.....what do that means?????
I said that I would not move from there until next Saturday 15th....and that's yet' I can also be a VIP no???
Look like now we will stay there, but you know what the sofa's in there are torn apart too, the garage has a roof leaking .....well welcome to Cilegon!

Room Tip: Main building is the only relatively new building with a bit of modernism, the rest of the bungalows etc..etc...are old and need to be looked after better.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank world1951
TheRoyaleKrakatau, Room Division Manager at The Royale Krakatau, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear World1951,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are sorry to read that you were disappointed with our service upon check in and our room that make you complain. We apologize deeply for the inconvenience caused. We Thank you also for your positive feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon,

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Last weekend stayed in this hotel with hubby and kid. We got emerald block no 701. The room, bathroom was clean and spacious, complete with international tv channel, coffee and tea maker. Kid love the pool but seem crowed with outside visitor...For breakfast they served Indonesian food, Japanese ( sushi and kimchi ), western ( bread, danish, toast, cornflake ), fresh juice, fresh and sweety fruit. The taste was edequate but ok for me. The staff at breakfast area greeted and smile to the expatriate only .,, ( shame ) and did not offer coffee or tea. Overall i like this hotel because they have cottage room and huge nature green scenery, but i hope they should give hospitallaty sense to all guest.

Room Tip: Choose room at the cottage with verandah.......i
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tuti40

Dear Tuti40,

Thank you for sharing on your stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and we appreciate deeply your appreciation of our staff’s service as well as our room amenities and facilities. We do apologize sincerely for the inconvenience caused by our staff attitude, We hope that you will choose us again upon your next visit to Cilegon,

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed here on a few occasions for business & seminar between Jan-Mar 2013.

The hotel is located slightly out of the way from CIlegon town itself, but the front desk staff can call you a taxi anytime.

The rooms I stayed in were located in the main building. They were new and quite clean. The beds are comfortable. However the walls were quite thin as I could hear someone watching TV from next door during all my stays there. Internet in the rooms are quite weak as well, as I had to reconnect every 30 minutes or so.

The seminar rooms are located just a short walk away from the main building. They are spacious and well equipped. Buggies are available to ferry people as well.

I would not recommend to eat in this hotel as the breakfast / dinner buffet choices are very limited, and leave something to be desired in terms of taste. Do not worry as there are plenty of Japanese / Korean / Western food outlets in town.

In summary, I would say it is a good place to travel for business as most of the facilities are available.

Room Tip: Golf course view is great. Ask for it!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lookenneth
TheRoyaleKrakatau, Room Division Manager at The Royale Krakatau, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Mr. Lookenneth,

Greetings from The Royale Krakatau Hotel, Cilegon.
Thank you for your kind review and feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are really glad to learn that everything that we offered has lived up your expectation and thank you for highlighting our room, and the seminar room. We are always committed to deliver our best services to our valued guests and create an exceptional and indigenous experience.

We are concerned and deeply apologetic to know the service problem you encounter that resulted in your inconvenience during your stay with us. I will discuss with the team to improve the Internet access and various breakfast quality.

Once again, we would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to The Royale Krakatau Hotel.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to discuss your upcoming stay for better experience.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stay here now since several weeks and I guess I will stay a few months.
The hotel area is nice and walking through the golf yard you can good relax. I'm not a golfer, but I think the golfers enjoy the course very much.
The best times of my room are gone and the the bathroom needs an update. Nevertheless the room is always clean. Unfortunately I stay in a room where never sun is coming inside. Special at the weekend I feel not so comfortable in the dark room.
Laundary is always perfect.
Breakfast and dinner are good, but after several week you wish from time to time some different.
The staff is always friendly and try to help even when they have sometimes problem to understand english.
A German TV channel would be nice.
Allover I feel well in the hotel. The only thing and that is a huge deficit for me is the slow and worse internet. On the homepage of the hotel I read that I can get a charged high speed internet, but when I ask for I get the answer that I have already the best internet. The internet is my communication to the world and to my family. Without a proper internet a hotel can't get a good rating from me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Wolfgang M

Dear Wolfgang M,
Greetings from The Royale Krakatau Hotel, Cilegon.
Thank you for your delightful review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience some our services and facilities that exceeded your expectation

We are concerned and deeply apologetic to know the service problem you encounter that resulted in your inconvenience during your stay with us. We will discuss with the team to improve the Internet access.

Your comments are taken very seriously and We assure you that remedial training and teaching will be given to our team to further impeccable service.

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Keraton The Royale Krakatau Hotel and Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have something fell inconvenience for your comfortable stay.

With best regards,