OYO 9411 Resort Calangute
The Mint(Saunta Vaddo)
  • Breakfast included
Smiley Holidays(Calangute)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was the second time I was staying in this resort, the reason I thought of choosing this again b'coz of my prior experience. The place is peaceful and in-house open restaurant add value to this resort. I wouldn't say that the food in the restaurant is great but its pretty OK. Staff members were helpful especially Amit at the reception, very humble & helpful guy. The room which we took was AC with balcony, the room is again average and amenities are not that great, however, was value for the money I spent for taking this room. When we entered the room,there was some issue with the fridge in our room, however, got repaired in 30 mins. A little far from Sea beach but if you have bike or car, it becomes negligible. Last time we had rented Bike from this resort only. Swimming pool was good. Overall it was good experience and I will surely stay here the next time.
There is scope of improvement in terms of the quality of room & the amenities there. Food can be little better at the restaurant.

Room Tip: Better to take AC room with front facing Balcony towards swimming pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PriSri
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were 6 school friends who decided to have a get-together planned at Goa on Dec'11. We got 2 rooms(3 sharing) at cheap rates, so maybe I was generous with the "Value" section.

ROOMS: One word - Dirty. The moment we entered we wanted to charge our mobile phones. We pulled out the chargers and plugged them in & Voila!! The sockets don't work! We called for an electrician and he came immediately to fix it (I think they knew we would ask for one)
Bed linens were stained and they were NOT CLEAN. The wardrobe has been put up in the room just in case a huge raccoon comes in chasing for you and you could somehow manage to hide in it. The bathroom was very average; substandard I would say. The mattress could have been a bit more comfortable. The pillows are scandalizing!

FOOD: I must say they make really great food! Have had food at almost all uptown restaurants around North Goa and this one just had to deserve the 4-star rating. Taste and Cost are the primary factors which anyone would count on while eating out (if the food is good I tend to overlook the "Service"). Bang for the Buck is what I would say, for the food though.

AMENITIES: We found a nice little pool table by the swimming pool and the bar, nicely located. The Swimming Pool could have been a bit cleaner. Bar guys were really good. We managed to talk to them and interestingly they seemed to be very good people. By the look of the Bar I didn't expect anything much but the prices were quite moderate. So you get what you pay for!
They have arranged for a New Year's eve party by the pool with food, music and karaoke. I wouldn't say my ears were bleeding but I was too drunk by that time to check that anyway :) Jokes apart, the party was a GOOD one!

We 6 of us enjoyed out stay there. It could be due to the fact that we are still bachelors and we could manage to get away with such average accommodation. B.U.T. But, for a family trip, it is a strict NO.

But we were all guys, it did hardly matter to us because we were roaming outside and most of our time was spent at SUNBURN sands + Anjuna and we were looking for nothing but 4 walls with a roof to spend time with friends. And yes, with a bit of quality too.

We left the hotel(resort) on 1st Jan 2011 early morning as we had flights to catch. All in all a time worth spent with lovely memories with a British family and Russians as well (I think they have their livers insured)

Room Tip: If you are travelling with family, Don't Stay Here! You can get far better places to stay near Anjuna and Calangute Beach or if you are the uptown type, look nowhere else than Candolim Beach.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
12  Thank absolutarin
Reviewed August 18, 2012

bad rooms not even close to what they hve shown in the pics ,bathrooms are very dirty the water stinks over all bad experience i booked a room in advance for a week in december they charged me a bomb n wen i got there i refuced to stay in that room it was no bad...

Room Tip: dont choose royle village resort
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank AGAM92
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I have been travelling to Goa for the past 15 years, staying mostley, in hotels at the budget end of the scale. All have varied between excellent and fully acceptable; that is until we went to the Village Royale. I think, after the years we have been going to Goa, that we are qualified in making a reasonable assessment of this hostelry, it would be an insult to the other Hotelliers in the region to classify it an Hotel, if it had been described as a Doss House then I think it could just about qualify. The place is dirty, scruffy, badly appointed and with very dubious stains on the bedding, even after we asked them to be changed. We were there over Christmas through to New Year, the first night we arrived in the early hours of the morning and there were drunken Brits still sitting at a table laughing and shouting, in the end I had to ask them to shut up as we couldn't get any sleep because of the noise. The following day we asked to be moved to room further away from the bar, this was done and we were put in a third floor room accessed by a concrete stairwell, we very soon learned that this in itself is a major problem when at 4.00am, a party of Russians decided to stagger home laughing shouting and clacking their stilleto heels up the concrete stairs, on being asked to keep the noise down we were treated to a mouthful of Russian abuse, this continued throughout our stay.
I fail to understand how anyone could rate this place higher than 1, and that is only because there are no negative nubers to select, and visitors who rate it above need to go out and see what a proper Hotel is like. Most Goan hotels are, to say the least, basic, but as a bare minimum they are clean, unlike the Village Royale, there is NOWHERE on this site that could be described as clean, it is an insult to the Goan Tourist Industry and should be removed from the brochures.
If you are thinking of a trip to Goa, DON'T STAY AT THE VILLAGE ROYALE, look at somewhere like The Riverside on the Baga River, Riverside Regency again alongside the Baga River, The CSM (albeit probably quite expensive) is excellent, we spent out first few visits there, but then headed towards the cheaper end of the register. Don't be mistaken, budget does not have to mean Doss Hole like the Village Royale, there are plenty of clean, comfortable nicely appointed tourist hotels around Baga, Calangute, Candolim and Sinquerim without having to slum it at the VR, leave that establishment to the tacky Russians and drunken British, at least while they are in the "Hotel" bar getting paralytic, they are not affecting the genuine tourists who have respect both for themselves and the Goan way of life.
This may appear to be a vitriolic assasination of the Village Royale, but we actually stayed there 18 months ago, I wanted to make sure that I didn't write anything as a result of our immediate feelings, but even after this period we can't think of anywhere more abhorent than the Village Royale....... Avoid At All Costs.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, all are disgusting.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank bootesey
Reviewed July 14, 2012

What do we start with??? Soo bad..... has to be worst hotel we have ever had the mis-pleasure of staying at. Death trap waiting to happen!! changed rooms couple of times and all are as bad as each other. staiwells full of rubbish and soiled laundry. graffiti on the walls.... garden area was a storage for broken fridges. THE ROOM: well it was a four walls with a roof and absolutely nothing else. bed sheets stained with blood and other liquids (god knows what). Fridge exploded and joined the other ones in the garden. no possible escape if there was a fire - unless you jump 4 floors, and than you dead anyway becouse you would land on the fridges. Anyone considering staying here DON'T. your health and safety have to be worth more. We moved out after first night.

AVOID AT ALL COST, there is pleanty of similar priced hotels with higher % of survival and better standard.

Room Tip: place should be bull-dozed, there are no good rooms. go somewhere else please!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple