“A great place for a bite to eat!”
Review of Wow Cafe

Wow Cafe
Ranked #33 of 46 Restaurants in Sun City
Cuisines: American
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“A great place for a bite to eat!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This restaurant offers homemade food served in a wholesome atmosphere. One comes here for a healthy meal and comfortable environment. It isn't necessarily fancy, but it is a nice place--and the people are real--and some I like better than others. But I always enjoy my experience there. The coffee is great! I truly appreciate the efforts these ladies make as they go out of their way so I enjoy my meal.

• Visited May 2012

Surprise, AZ
“Best Rhubarb pie in town”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Lots of home made food. Wonderful staff. Makes you feel at home.

Visited June 2012
Sun City, AZ
“Rude, Terrible Service... Don't Go!!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My Mother and I went for a late lunch at Wow Cafe... I had already eaten but my Mother wanted a sandwich. We ordered a beer and her a sandwich. I decided on soup but did not like their soup of the day so decided I would just snack on Mom's salad as she only wanted her sandwich. The waitress asked what I was having and I stated I would just have a bite of Moms... She told us if we shared we would get charged a $2 plate fee. I said I didn't wasn't going to share her sandwich.. They brought her sandwich and salad... and yes...I had a few bites of her salad!!.The waitress came over and said I was sharing her lunch so they were going to add $2 to our bill! ... Are you kidding me!!!! You order a meal and can't give someone a bite!!..Seriously??? It tells you how many other customers they had (2) that they would notice I took a bite of her salad!!! At that point, after being hassled for $2 we told her we were leaving and would eat elsewhere.. She said they made the sandwich so we would have to pay for it!! I don't think ANY of their staff has been to business school!!!.. How smart is it hassle and be rude to and loose return customers for $2.???... We will certainly not be back !!!

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank T M
Phoenix, Arizona
“Sun City Rec Room”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This place is like a step back in time. It has the feel of someone's neglected rec room; wall hangings askew, vinyl tablecloths, unset tables. The clientele is Sun City folk, definitely a local's restaurant. The service features harried waitresses and terms such as "hon" and "dear". It's nearby to Surprise Stadium, home of spring training games. The food continues the no frills theme. The fish and chips was surprising good, flakey cod and good fries. The vegetable soup was more of a cabbage soup but tasty. Not bad, but next Cactus League game I'd seek out another dining alternative.

• Visited March 2012