“Good for an overnight stop”
Review of Reed's Lodge

Reed's Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Springerville
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We made this an overnight stop after leaving Sierra Vista late and driving the slow, scenic Hwy 191 north. The hotel was almost full; as there is a new power plant being built and the motel is full of the construction crew. My husband loves older motels and this one is great choice.
We were advised parking can be a problem as some rooms are shared by workers who each have a truck. We did not have any problems finding a space. Not all the rooms have door front parking and we had a room in the back with a green area in front of it. It was quiet- no slamming car doors or diesel engines in the night.
The room was clean, towels soft, not scratchy and water heated up quickly. Internet was slow but worked and staff's suggestions of trying the Booga Red's restaurant (which gives motel guests a discount) was great as we ate dinner and breakfast there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
galyn, Owner at Reed's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments about our place. We are glad you enjoyed the Coronado National Scenic Byway that leads up here from the south (Hwy 191). We do try hard to see that our rooms are clean and comfortable, and to minimize noise for our customers. You deserve a quiet, good night's sleep. The work at the power plant is finished now, so there are more rooms available in town. Hope you folks will have a chance to come back and enjoy our beautiful changing seasons.

There are newer reviews for Reed's Lodge

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My car broke down near Springerville, AZ recently. Initially I planned to only stay one night at Reed's Lodge after dropping my car off at the mechanic across the street. Reed's Lodge gave me a great rate and a smile and conversation. The room was very clean and decorated nicely with western paintings. The hospitality I received not only from Reed's Lodge, but the town in general convinced me to spend the next four nights. Any time I'd head up to the front desk I always had great and friendly conversations with the staff and/or owner. Any time I am in Springerville I will stay at Reed's Lodge.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

If you're reading this you've decided to stay in Springerville/ it's a tiny town in the middle of nowhere- so you won't find a W Hotel or a Marriott . What you will find is a cute, old historic hotel that will take you back to a time when people took days not hours to get to there destination. The place is clean, the rooms quiet , very basic but really cute- it's an old lodge built in 1949, with additions at later times. You get the real Old West feel. The owner is here and friendly always working and talking to guests. Free Wi-Fi, good air conditioning, good sized rooms - this is the place to stay in Springerville - you could go to the Best Western- but why not support a great Mom and Pop business ?

• Stayed: June 2013
galyn, Owner at Reed's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for our place. We are glad that you liked the down home, old-time atmosphere here at Reed's. We enjoyed meeting you...what nice guests! Getting to know folks like you is one of the rewards of small family owned businesses like ours. Hope to see you again on your next trip out our way

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've stayed at Reed's many times, and have gotten to know the owners well over the years. I can't say enough about their lodge. Clean rooms, excellent hospitality; they make you feel like a part of the family.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family has been traveling to Springerville for the last 30 years for the excellent trout fishing in the area. We have for many years stayed at Reeds Lodge and would not consider any other location. Reeds lodge is a family owned motel that really has a Bed and Breakfast Feel, the owners Galen and Roxanne are wonderful and always go the extra mile to make your stay special. Reeds Lodge is not a luxury hotel but is always clean and you wont find a friendlier staff. Our recent stay I enjoyed a great conversation with the cleaning lady about the fishing, she also happened to be a fly fisherman like myself and she gave me some tips on what fly pattern was working well. She must have been right because everyone in my family limited out the next two days using that fly. I have recommended may people from El Paso over the years to Reeds Lodge and never have my friends been dissapointed. Nice Motel/Great Staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank George C
Reviewed May 26, 2013

First thing you should know is this lodge has two type of rooms remodeled and not. We stayed in one that was not, in an area called The Bunkhouse. While the room needs some updating it was clean, quiet and comfortable. We were told this by the owner and were allowed to see the room before deciding to stay. If you want an up to date room with amenities, make a reservation. It you are willing to take your chances and aren't too picky, drop in.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This past weekend my friends and I did our annual motorcycle ride to Springerville for an overnight stay at Reed's Lodge and dinner at Los Dos Molinos. After the Killer Margaritas at Los Dos we can be a little "loud" when we get back to the lodge but they continue to welcome us back each year :-) The rooms are always very clean, the prices MORE than reasonable and the staff go out of their way to see that we enjoy our stay. The owners treated all of us with care and respect and offered suggestions for places around town. We will continue this annual trip as long as they'll have us!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springerville
Rode Inn
2009.2 mi away
Lazy Trout Motel
Lazy Trout Motel
#1 of 2 in Greer

Been to Reed's Lodge? Share your experiences!