Xanadu Ranch GetAway / Private Guest Rooms / Guest Ranch & Horse Motel
Stage Stop Inn(Patagonia)(Great Value!)
$129
Garden Place Suites(Sierra Vista)
$100
Gateway Studio Suites(Sierra Vista)
$85
Hotels.com
Rodeway Inn(Sierra Vista)(Great Value!)
$59
Desert Inn(Sierra Vista)
$49
The Western Motel(Sierra Vista)
$40
Sierra Suites(Sierra Vista)(Great Value!)
$74
$139
$123
Inn at San Ignacio(Green Valley)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewskoi pondarizona wine countryplace to stayperfect hostswonderful hospitalityquailgreat wineriesawesome viewslocal vineyardskief joshuaclose to townbunkhouseberniesonorahorseselginaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We have returned again and again to Xanadu and are so glad we found Karen and Bernie's place in 2006. It's spotless, comfortable, relaxing in beautiful surroundings. Wouldn't go anywhere else in the Sonoita area.

Room Tip: Casita #1 is the biggest and best room and a great value.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We enjoyed our one night stay at Xanadu. It was too chilly to enjoy their back patio area where the koi pond is located. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom is very small and the shower is very tight. No breakfast is included in the $110 rate. Only coffee is included. You can make purchases on the property for a variety of food. The sign in our room said you can get a continental breakfast for $6 per person. Bernie & Karen were friendly hosts. The setting is idyllic.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank GVgolfer2aces
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Our room rates and what we offer are posted on the website for all to see...We have 1 night , 2 night, weekly and monthly rates...
We do not include breakfast in our basic room rates, as we are NOT a Conventional Bed and Breakfast ,we offer so much more in amenities.
We are a Guest Ranch GetAway with private rooms for short or long term.
Plus not everyone wants the breakfast, so why pay for it...we do offer a "Continental Breakfast Basket" at a nominal fee of $6 per person!
EVen with the optional breakfast basket added in to the price we are still the best VALUE in the area...
We also have a "Snack Shack" with edible items for purchase...Complimentary Coffee and Tea in ALL rooms!
Shower sizes vary from room to room ..one room has a larger tub/shower..if you feel you need a larger shower please let us know when you pick your room.
...if that is a major concern, just ask!!! All rooms can be viewed on our website...
Thank you choosing the Bernie & Karen / Xanadu

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I had a fabulous stay at Xanadu Ranch. The rooms were comfortable, clean and the views were fabulous. Karen and Bernie were always available if anything was needed.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Loved it! Karen and Bernie are wonderful people, great hosts. The setting is very quiet, and the koi pond is relaxing. My room (number 2) was very comfortable and had a view overlooking the garden area. I did my grocery shopping in Tucson and brought food supplies up with me, and with the microwave, coffee maker and refriderator, did just fine! If you forget some breakfast supplies, you can get them in the "Snack Shack" for a reasonable price. They also supply a number of movies on dvd if you have time or the inclination to watch them. Everything was very clean and tidy. When I had the misfortune of a tire that was quickly going flat, Bernie pumped it back up so I could get to the local garage to get it fixed (many thanks to Bernie and to the gentleman at Dumont Family Car Repair who got it fixed up fast). I also was able to make the journey out to Kief-Joshua winery (recommended by Karen), and that was a very worthwhile diversion - if you like red wines, try the Tempranillo (and if you like white, the Pinot Grigio was tasty). thanks again Karen and Bernie!! If I'm in the area, I'll be back!

Room Tip: If I went back and it was available, I'd choose Room number 1, just because it has the full kitchen - but even though I was there for 4 nights, I did fine with the microwave and fridge! Rm 2 had a great view of the koi pond and garden.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Just want all to know that our stay at Xanadu Ranch last week was exactly what we had hoped it would be.
The bunk house with front porch was terrific as the sun set in the afternoon and perfect after 8 hours roaming the land. We know Chance, our young GSP, felt the same way, having a bit of freedom to wander about.
What a great location and sure beats having to stay in a Hotel!
Hopefully we will make it back next year. We will surely be watching the weather over the course of spring and summer for another fall or winter Quail hunt.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family