All reviews az wine country common room goat milk b and b romantic weekend beautiful property both mornings a great place to stay yogurt cheryl sonora hosts fireplace soap guests breakfast conditioner
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Spent one evening at this wonderful B&B recently with some friends while in the area checking out the wineries. Was pleasantly surprised at the secluded nature of the ranch, and the rooms and common areas were immaculate. The decor is Southwest with a flair, and the hosts Tom and Cheryl were gracious and accommodating. Come nightfall, the peaceful and quiet location makes for some easy relaxing. The dogs and horses had a feel like something out of a Western movie, and the breakfast was fantastic. We liked everything about the place and would absolutely stay there again if we venture down to Southeast Arizona again.

Room Tip: Loved the Grand Canyon Room!
Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed at La Hacienda de Sonoita for 7 nights during our vacation celebrating our 29th anniversary. Tom and Cheryl, the hosts, made us feel very welcome with their outstanding hospitality. We stayed in the Ranch Room, which contained antique furniture evoking a very romantic and relaxed atmosphere. Everything about the Hacienda was even better than I imagined it could be, with its gorgeous surroundings, shaded courtyard, attention to small details, and great amenities, which included an extensive reading library. Not to mention the full, hearty breakfast served every morning from old recipes Cheryl has collected. We were so sorry to leave at the end of our stay, with such wonderful and generous hosts!

Room Tip: great place to stay if you're going horseback riding in the area
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We spent one night in this bed and breakfast while we were in the area wine tasting (which was fabulous!). The location is convenient, quiet and beautiful. Tom and Cheryl are wonderful hosts. The breakfast was huge and varied. As a vegetarian who doesn't eat eggs, I was afraid I would go hungry but I certainly did not! The decorations are amazing - not a detail was overlooked! I would love to take a group there, do wine tasting, and grill in the courtyard, which is a truly lovely and peaceful space. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom had many amenities. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2010

La Hacienda de Sonoita is such an amazing place! We went to the area for a quick getaway for my husband's birthday, not really knowing what we may discover. What we found were knowledgeable and gracious hosts (thank you Tom & Cheryl!), a lovingly built and immaculately cared-for property, a tranquil & comfortable room - and spectacular breakfasts! We barely scratched the surface exploring the area with visits to Tubac, Tumacacori, and Kartchner Caverns (for a late-evening "star party"). We can't wait to come back as soon as possible for another stay and a tour of the wineries in the area! The entire experience was well worth it!
Blessings, - Michael & Tamara