Cocopah Resort & Conference Center
Desert Grove Inn and Suites(Yuma)(Great Value!)
$43
$59
$59
$43
$40
$47
$44
Hacienda Los Algodones(Los Algodones)
Hotel del Norte(Mexicali)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 9, 2012

For a place called a "resort" it is NOT. My husband & I came in for my HS reunion, which was being held here. Being from TX & being close to other Indian Casinos in OK, I had pretty high expectations for this place. Usually, they are top notch. Not at Cocopah.
1. I made 2 reservations at the hotel because I could not make up my mind what kind of room we wanted. A week before the trip, I emailed them to cancel one. They responded with they didnt have either one, even though I canceled my resending the confirmation THEY sent to me. So I called them and verified they had a reservation for us. When we checked in, they had the reservation under the wrong name. It was no where close to what my name is. The person at the desk said it was probably because the reservation was made over the phone. I dont understand, do the people that answer the reservation line speak Engish? The girl repeated the info back to me when I called.
2. For a mini-suite, it wasnt very sweet. Having a frige was nice, except it froze everything. No microwave and the coffee pot did not work.
3. Each day we came back to our room, our keys were demagnitized. When I went up to get hem fixed, I was asked my phone number that was used when I made the reservation. When I told them, I was told it was not the # they had on file. Well, I responded that maybe its the number for the name of the person they had my reservation under.
4. We were in a suite. Normal hotel rooms, regardless of the occupants come standard w 4 bath towels, hand towels and wash clothes. This place gave us one hand towel and 2 towels. WHen they would come and clean the room each day, they wouldnt leave any fresh stuff. Each day we had to go down the desk and get towels. On one occassion, they asked us exactly what we were going to do with our towels. Uh take a shower maybe?!?!?!
5. Our class event was being held in the casino where we had rented a room for dinner and dancing. From the moment we started to set up, you could tell there was a lack of communication within the entire place. Some of use were told to use a back entrance to bring items in the room. WHen they tried to do that, very UNFRIENDLY security guards were yelling code numbers saying there was a breach and acting all crazy. When I went in the room to set up the video portion, people that worked there were asking ME when the event started, what kind of event it was...? I mean really, didnt you people have a staff meeting to discuss what everyones jobs were. Even the DJ said it was weird that everyone in the hotel wasnt even aware this event was happening. I was also almost arrested for walking barefoot through the casino to get to the room during set up and told that a dribnk I had brough in with me FROM THE HOTEL could not be removed when I walked back through with it. Even though everyone had seen me walk in with it in the first place.
Every single person that worked in the hotel or casino was rude, unfriendly and when I mentioned it to one of them, it was like they took pride in it. This is unfortunate. Where I come from the customer comes first. You are happy to help someone who is dropping money in your establishment.
The cake topper was one of the organizers got to the hotel and her reservation was under the wrong name. Then when she got into the room, she was greeted with a pile of someones DIRTY underwear in their room. To which the hotel took $6 off their bill. Needless to say, they checked out and did not stay.
Also, the room we stayed in 101, should prbably be a cheaper "suite" Each morning people coming down the stairwell woke us up. That was if the hot water heater or whatever machinery is in the "storage" room at the end of the hall. Each morning it would start up and literally rattle the pictures on the wall.And the hunters had no respect for anyone else in the hotel that may have had a late night the night before. Maybe not the hotels fault, but they should stay on top of disruptions to make sure ALL people have a decent stay.
All in all, I would never, ever, ever step foot on this property again. And therefore NO COCOPAH owned businesses ever again. I dont like places that act like its a privilage to stay there. Its not even that nice anyway. My suggestions is to get new management, a new attitude and train your employees. If not, please take the name RESORT off your sign and just be a casino so everyone knows what they are in for when they stay. If we had not had such a packed schedule or the event would have been held somewhere else, we would have moved. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!

Room Tip: Want a good experience and room? Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tylersgirl1994
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Room was nice, but not having a fridge and microwave is a big problem. Was there for dove season and a fridge is a must to keep the game. Casino restaurant was terrible. Only stay once a year for a couple of nights, so it was OK for the price, but will probably stay somewhere else next year.

Room Tip: If you don't mind driving to eat out and don't need a fridge or microwave, then this is OK for a couple of nights. Otherwise, i would stay somewhere closer to the middle of town.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mnaka
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband is stationed in Yuma MCAS, and I was visiting him from DC. I thought the Cocopah would be a nice break from base housing for him, so I booked here as a get-away vacation. It was very clean, and freshly painted, so it looked good, but that's where the resort-like quality stopped. We were only given one towel to share between the both of us. There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room, nor was there any water pressure in the shower to even get shampoo out of my hair. There were flying ants...BIG ones in our room. Our room keys demagnetized themselves every day, so we were constantly going to the front desk to get them re-keyed. WiFi (which they say they have) was non-existent. We went to the bar on our last night to drink a couple of shots, but you could only sit at the bar if you played their arcade-like gambling machines, which neither of us knew how to operate. We walked out of the bar without drinking anything. The next day we checked out of the Cocopah and into the Days Inn in Yuma, where we enjoyed many towels, a strong shower spray, and an ant-free room, all for $15 less a day than the Cocopah.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miranda S
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I've been to the Cocopah resort casino at least three times now. Let me make this short because I really don't think this place deserves my time. First, my wife and I visited the casino for a little fun playing the slots and having a few beers in the process. Here's a money saving tip, order your beers from the waitress and they cost a dollar. Order up at the bar and you can expect to pay as little as three dollars. I've never gone to a casino and played the slots and lost so much in my life. This place has the tightest slots I've ever seen. After a few hours, we decided to get a room on the third floor. The price was excellent, about $80. We went up to our room and it must have been 100 degrees in there. We put the air conditioning on and went to the restaurant for dinner. It was horrible. I ordered the beef tenderloin tips with asparagus and potato. What I got was cut up sirloin covered with brown gravy and mushrooms. The asparagus was warm, but way under cooked and the cubed potato had no flavor. I was so disgusted with my plate, I don't even remember what my wife ordered. She didn't like hers either. We payed and left half our dinner sitting on the table. The room was clean. There is no view. The casino is loaded with aging slot machines and the payoffs seem to be only to the casino. I always give a place more than one shot which I did here but won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Randy A
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Wanted to check this casino/resort out and had the chance to do so on our way to Encinitas.
It's about half way from Tucson. It was a bit out of the way, but worth the trip. Very peaceful and serene area outside of Yuma.

Hotel was very clean, comfortable and modern. The staff was very nice and accommodating. We needed a rollaway and they brought it to the room immediately. It was a very nice rollaway too.

The kids liked the pool and the work-out room. Enjoyed the casino and the free breakfast. Very nice all around.
This is definately a very nice little getaway to break up the boredom of an 8 hour trip to California. Would go again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family