New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snowflake
Maricopa, Arizona
“A very nice surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

After a very frustrating experience with the front desk staff at Comfort Inn Snowflake we came across this nice little, almost hidden row of rooms right in the middle of downtown Snowflake. We were greeted in a very friendly manner and felt like they cared about our stay with them.

I read the person's review about his experience back in 2009 and I could not disagree more. There was absolutely no hint of any of the things he/she mentioned. The rooms were tidy, clean and there was everything there in amenities that you expect to see in a room these days. No, it doesn't quite compare to a 5***** hotel room, but it didn't cost us $300 - $400 per night to stay there, either. I was very surprised at the $45 per night charge plus taxes, and I was very happy that we found this jewel of a place.

The owners also have a very decent home-style cooking restaurant just to the south...the World Cafe. We stayed around after check-out time just to have a meal there before we left for home.

Recommend this place to others? DEFINITELY...!!!

frogstomper, Maricopa AZ

Room Tip: Rooms are all quiet...even the one where we stayed next to the laundry.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vance D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Los Altos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

The reviews I read before I went to Snowflake about the Cedar motel are completely unfair.
The motel has been renovated and the bathroom and bedroom are clean and new. The beds are also new.
The owners who have a restaurant next doorand are very friendly and even give room service. We had a very pleasant two nights.

Room Tip: we had an upstairs room nice and quiet
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank dutchgirlineke
Springerville, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I had a most pleasant stay at the Cedar Motel for a week over Christmas & thoroughly enjoyed myself. Management and staff were very kind and accommodating. They were very considerate of my disability, bringing things to my room & setting up a special bathtub bar for me. They went out of their way in hospitality -- one man even came and cleaned the ice off my car windows (thank you!!). It is a locally-run hotel w/small town warmth & charm. The motel check-in is next door at their 'World Cafe' which serves up delicious American-Asian fare which is modestly-priced.

The room was very nice & newly remodelled w/great TV, WiFi , VERY comfortable bed, nice furnishings & art on the walls. For $45, you even get a refrig/microwave. However, the frosting on the cake was the fresh smell & absolute cleanliness of the room. IMMACULATE. If I needed fresh linens I just asked, which I prefer. It is w/in short walking distance to a convenience store, IGA grocery store & LDS Church.

To Mgmnt & Staff: Thank you again for many pleasant memories of my stay in Snowflake. I really like your town!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank SnowBunny884
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

On a recent trip to Phoenix and Sedona, I went exploring in Northeastern Arizona. After driving a bit of the Coronado trail, which is spectacular, I found myself in the small hamlet of Snowflake, Arizona, which lies in the northern foothills of the beautiful White Mountains. Alas, the local B&B, which is recommended, was full as were two chain motels (apparently, there was a big local celebration underway). I was able to find a room at this local motel. It has a certain 50's kitsch charm architecturally. Kinda Palm Springs. The owners really should play this up more. I had read a previous review on my laptop before checking in, and had some trepidation. All I can say is, the owners have obviously done a major makeover because I found the room to be pleasant. There was a flat panel TV, very comfortable bed. Attractive furniture. Newly remodeled and very clean bathroom. Window with pleasant view (to the side) of the town's main street. The lobby had an ice machine and other vending machines. Management was very friendly and recommended a few local restaurants. They told me about a parade the next morning on a nearby street (the hotel is downtown) and it was very quaint and fun. Apparently, this is a Mormon town so they recommended a few nightspots about 20 miles to the South (Show Low area) but I didn't care because I wasn't in the mood anyway. I just enjoyed the ambiance of this small town from this clean and well decorated property which was within walking distance of a convenience store (which sold wine), a restaurant, grocery store and other businesses.

The best part, are you sitting down, was that my night in the motel cost me a grand total of $45! For the price it can't be beat. So if you find yourself in Northeastern Arizona, try the Cedar Motel. (Note to management -- I would recommend cueing from Palm Springs and play up the kitcschy 50's/60's architecture. Also, a local at the parade told me there used to be a very classic 60's sign which apparently was taken down. It would really add to the ambiance of the place).

There wasn't a fitness center that I was aware of -- I may have missed it. That would be a nice touch as well.

Room Tip: I had an upstairs room, which I loved.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank LizzyMiami_Florida
Salt Lake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2009

This was a great place to stay. Me and my wife stayed three nights and had a great time. The helped us with our bags and even brought in an extra heater when we needed it. The place only cost $40 with me and my wife. The beds were very comfortable and clean. It is a older motel but the place was great. I even had trouble setting up my laptop. I took it over to the front desk and they fixed it and I was able to use thier high speed internet.

This place was a gem. Me and my wife had a great time. The place is has even gone green with Solar panels.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank moroni23
Valley of the Sun, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

This is where your unlucky day begins.

I witnessed them tell 2 different parties that confirmed reservations were not available for a variety of reasons. Those people who were turned away with their confirmed reservations are the lucky ones. The unlucky people had the experience of staying at the Cedar Motel.

Copy and paste the following link into your browser to see pics. More pics are available upon request.

[--]

This is what the room did NOT have:
Bed Frame (mattress & box spring lay directly on filthy carpet), mattress pad, blanket, window, clothes hanger, towel bars or racks, exhaust fan in the bathroom, table, chair, clock, luggage caddy, night guard on the door, door frame, and SMOKE ALARM.

It did have:
a filthy drape (I don't know why, there was NO window in the room) cockroaches, stinking carpet, a mattress with springs that actually bruised our backs, food debris in drawers, insects that walked through the missing door frame, unfinished-dusty plaster on the walls and ceilings, a bedspread that had an order we could not identify (I could guess, but I don't want to gross you out), bedsheets that were slightly thicker than the toilet paper and that's about it.

Based on the rooms I saw, and conversations with other guests, ALL the rooms are in various stages of remodeling. They don't care that the rooms are a mess, dirty and not properly furnished. They continue to rent these rooms out to the public.

It is quiet. It is a mess. I wondered when we checked in if they had a fire or an explosion. They said neither; that they were in the process of remodeling. I talked with locals who had family members staying at the Cedar Motel within the past several months. They said it was the same mess and filth when their family members stayed here.

We stayed two nights. There is No service on the second day. They don't bring you clean linens or make up your bed or clean your room. They charge full price for the second day and you don't get service from them.

I witnessed them interact with guests and they do not have a customer oriented attitude. They have an uncaring attitude. If we could have found another room, we would have. The rooms in Snowflake were filled because of community events.

Run. Do not Walk. Run from this place. It really is this bad. If I could give it a lower rating, I would. It deserves the lowest rating available. No one should stay here. They should lock the doors and walk away. The owners / managers obviously do not belong in the hospitality business. They don't know how to deal with customers, clean a room, make a bed, furnish a room, pick up trash in the parking lot and they can't manage their reservations. They are in the wrong business.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank PKJohnson

Travelers are raving about these Snowflake hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowflake
Rodeway Inn Silver Creek Inn
BEST WESTERN Paint Pony Lodge
Hampton Inn & Suites Show Low-Pinetop
Americas Best Value Inn Show Low
Heritage Inn Bed and Breakfast
Snowy River Inn
Snowy River Inn
#8 of 8 in Show Low

Been to Cedar Motel? Share your experiences!