“Review from Frequent Guest”

Americas Best Value Inn - Snowflake
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snowflake
Taylor, Arizona
“Review from Frequent Guest”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I want to give a review here because I am also a business owner. I value and understand that my attention and success of my business is only as good as my information about my business. So this is directed to the owners. We go there about 3-4 times a week. What we see is on a regular basis and not from someone who stays one or two nights. I'm not sure we will continue going.

We purchase monthly passes here so we can swim and work out since there isn't a real gym within 25 minutes of my house. I'm not sure about the look and feel of the rooms because we live in town but I will say that the pool area and the pool itself gets little to no attention. I went in this week to swim with my daughter and the water had a layer of dust on it and it was very cold. I told the front desk girls how cold the pool was and they said its broken and needs to be fixed. Something about electrical failures from storms? We went in again tonight and the pool was once again cold. I mentioned it again to a different front desk girl and she said it was broken and needed to be fixed. She checked on the temperature and flipped a breaker switch. The heater said it needed to be serviced. The jacuzzi was warm enough this time but the first time it was also cold. When you turn the jets on the jacuzzi, it fills up with serious bubbles. The pool area hasn't been cleaned in over a month. The same fake plant leaves are lying in the same place as a month ago along with other debris and bugs. 3 out of the 6 lights are burned out so it's pretty dark in there at night. The tiles are falling off the walls and are just laying against the wall with no intent of repair. The carpets leading to the pool from the reception area are terribly dirty and the pool bathroom is scary. We lay towels down when we change for fear of the floor.
If the pool area and the heating element of the pool receive such little attention, I'm concerned for how clean and disease free the water actually is. If the pool is an indication of the attention and care the entire experience at this hotel gives, I don't think I would feel comfortable sleeping in the beds, eating the food, or stepping foot in the room showers.

The front desk girl tonight was definitely not interested in making us feel welcome. I know we are not a traditional guest but we did pay to swim here and we tried to have a friendly conversation with her as we are regulars. The only thing I could get out of her were one word answers. Even when I wished her a Merry Christmas she just sort of grunted. I was never rude to her so my wife and I were puzzled with her lack of interest in taking her job seriously. I know it's a small town but that's no excuse for not being a professional in the way they look and act towards customers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank heckadooheck
Shikash G, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Snowflake, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
I do apologize for the state of the pool room and will be addressing your concerns with the front desk staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 10, 2013

If you don't mind non-guests lurking in the parking lot and using the computer in the lobby all night long on inappropriate websites (on numerous occasions!!!) then this is an ok motel. Even after advising staff about creepy man hiding in his car (literally slinking down when going by to avoid being seen) and asking staff to ask this person to leave he is still here. Other than that the rooms were pretty clean and beds comfortable. I have stayed here many times and will stay again probably.... but the lack of attention to ensuring that paying guests feel safe and comfortable needs improvement. Oh - and did I mention that the lock for the back entrance to the motel is broken (has been for years) and anyone can just walk in?

Room Tip: Stay away from the smoking side of the motel - the entire side smells badly even in the halls. Stic...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hard to give much of a review, as we were there basically just to sleep and were off early. Beds were not the most comfortable I've slept in. Rooms were pretty basic, but that's what you expect from a Comfort Inn. We had an extra in our room, although it was kinda weird. There was a jacuzzi in the bedroom (not the bath), just a foot away from one of the beds. But it filled up fast and hot and was relaxing. Staff was on hand and friendly to welcome our late-arriving group.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The staff was nice enough, the office was clean. The maids must love cheap carpet fresh and cheap cleaners because it stunk so bad I left the wind ow open all night while it snowed. It made me sick and gave me a head ache.

• Stayed December 2012

Travelers are raving about these Snowflake hotels

michigan
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Thia place was over priced and a discrace to the comfort Inn Brand,rooms were dirty. worn out sheets, beds were very bad,forget breakfest go out!!! ya know I could keep going but I wont its not worth it.
You have been warned Good luck!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim C
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 29, 2013

As far as the hotel, it's old, but the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. They do have a fairly decent continental breakfast available. Staff was friendly. I think it's a little overpriced, but adequate. Not much to see or do in Snowflake, except for Pioneer Days in July. We were there for a class reunion. Very few restaurants in town. The only sit-down restaurant to eat on Sunday is the Skillet at the golf course. Taylor also has a good family restaurant but is also closed on Sunday. We were there when there was a huge rain storm (July 27 2013). The power was out for about 3 hours and they do not have a generator. There weren't any other places to go to, so we had to sit around in the dark because the thunder and lightening was too dangerous to go outside. But that wasn't the hotel's fault.

Room Tip: They do have air conditioning in the rooms; fairly good continental breakfast; no restaurant on prem...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thatcher, Arizona
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The saying "you get what you pay for!" is correct! The night staff is very grumpy and rude and we felt as if we were a bother to ask for an extra pillow. The pool is old and the pool bathroom is even worse. I would not allow my six year old to use if because it looked and smelled like a gas station bathroom. One of our beds smelled like throw up and had hairs in it!! The breakfast was disgusting. We had a hair on my daughters eggs and sausage was bathing in one inch of grease. The full hot breakfast as advertised is very misleading. Not sure how it can get any worse? Next time we will stay in Showlow and make the drive to family in Snowflake!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shikash G, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Snowflake, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I do greatly apologize that your stay was not up to Comfort Inn standards, I will be looking into your comment and dealing with these items swiftly.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowflake
Rodeway Inn Silver Creek Inn
KC Motel
KC Motel
#6 of 8 in Show Low
Americas Best Value Inn Show Low

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Snowflake? Share your experiences!