“I can only say meh” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snowflake
Glenwood Springs, CO
“I can only say meh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Arrived on a quiet Friday night in October. Checkin was painfully long but the desk clerk was friendly. We were given room 112. The room was not terribly clean, lots of dust in areas higher than five feet, the sheets were very worn, the tub was dirty, the carpet was dirty, the pillows were awful. During our stay we left the DO NOT DISTURB on the door, but on the second day the room was entered anyway, though all we could tell had been done was that the beds were made and nothing else. We would not stay here again with so many other options within a couple miles.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian G

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Phoenix Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We didn't expect alot and received even less. Normally Comfort Inn is a decent place to stay. However, this was the exception. The toilet had a ring, there was a gray rubber bathmat in the tub, the wheel fell off the desk chair... very old school. The hallway carpet was filthy.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Snowflake hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Snowflake, AZ. The staff were very nice, friendly and helpful. They handled the relative high traffic very gracefully and with a smile even when they were extremely busy.

We were moved to a different room when we were not happy with the original room (someone had smoked in a non-smoking room and there was some lingering smell).

The new room had a microwave and fridge, but it was on the house.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank baddy11
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I came to Snowflake for a Temple visit. When I checked online this was the only hotel they claimed was in this small community. So, we stayed. Children running up and down the corridors, parents screaming at the children and the front desk clerk, well, on his cell phone discussing after work plans with his buds?
Professional; not a chance! Training in guest service; poor at best.
The rooms looked as if it hadn't had the sheets changed from the previous guest, I asked for linens to make up myself, and they said they did not allow guests to clean their own rooms. I clean my house and this room was unexceptably filthy.
I asked for my money back and they charged all these hiding early check out fees and refrig. microwave fee.
By the time they were finished my room cost me over 200.00 just to cancel all within the same hour of checkin.
Watch your wallets folks...these folks will rob you and be completely rude while doing so.
They are not looking out for thier guests satisfaction, it's all about the ducets $$$ tot they people....I will never stay here again...even if it were free. ( hahaha...like that would ever happen here)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Wheresthetruth
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

My wife and I went to Snowflake for the sole purpose of going to the Snowflake LDS Temple. We were in Arizona on vacation, so we decided to make the 3-hour drive from Phoenix. This place seemed like the best bet for a night's stay.

When we got there, it looked like we were the only people staying at the hotel. The woman at the front desk told me that a lot of their patrons are contract workers, so the hotel is where they stay while in Snowflake for work. We only saw a few other patrons while we were there.

This place isn't fancy... but it's clean, roomy and affordable. Parking is free and plentiful, although the entrance to the hotel looked like it was on the back side of the building. When I tried to drive around to what I thought was the "front," that side of the hotel was inaccessible.

There's an indoor pool and a hot tub... but we we only took a peak (there was one guy enjoying the hot tub by himself, so we thought we'd leave him be). The hotel offers a free breakfast in the morning, which was sufficient enough to start our day (items include pastries, donuts, waffles, biscuits & gravy, juices, cereal, etc.).

The hotel also has free Wi-fi, which worked just fine.

I'm not sure I'll ever find myself in Snowflake again... but lodging choices there are limited... and this seemed like the best bet. I'd stay here again if I was ever in Snowflake. Thankfully, there was a Sonic down the street... which made the experience all the better.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Josh A
West US
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

just fair - not good - I would classify the hotel as poor to fair. In other words move onto another town or hotel if possible. The breakfast was very basic, on a 9 night road trip this was the worst bed I slept in. There is no elevator - so chances are you will have to climb a large flight of stairs - be prepared. The carpet and bedspreads are old and dark colored - and I'm sure hiding years of dirt and germs (I kept my shoes on all the time except when I slept). All of this I can deal with because I accepted to stay at the hotel realizing all of this. However the part that I really dislike was the RUDE front desk staff both evening and especially morning shift. That does not need to happen in a service industry.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank canoe42
Mesa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed at this motel last Saturday. Granted, it was a weekend when rates are usually a little higher, but there is no way this room was worth the $130.00 we were charged. We tried to find other lodging but due to the town's "Pioneer Day" celebrations were unable to do so.

So what did $130.00 get us? a standard room with two queen size beds. No microwave, no fridge, mold spots on the bathroom wall and moldy smelling carpet. I travel frequently and have stayed in over a thousand motels and have never felt as overcharged as I have here. I have stayed in many nicer rooms for less than half the price of this one.

Bottom line: The rooms in this hotel are comparable to those in the $60.00 range with five star prices. Outragous! Needless to say, this hotel will not be getting my business again at these rates.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mesadallas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowflake
Rodeway Inn Silver Creek Inn
Cedar Motel
Cedar Motel
#2 of 2 in Snowflake
3.0 of 5 stars 12 reviews

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Snowflake? Share your experiences!