Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
“Magical experience - The Beautiful Alentejo Beaches”

After an exhausting week long dermatology conference in Madrid, my partner and I were looking for... read more

Reviewed May 1, 2020
SullyDean
Sydney, Australia
February Supported “Toward The Algarve”

My wife and I found ourselves with some “white space” in our calendar for February...like on... read more

Reviewed February 23, 2020
G5041TTmatthews

All reviews self guided cycling trip algarve coast support van carbon fiber great equipment guides jose beautiful scenery back roads fabulous trip highly recommend this trip great company starting point great ride tour company portuguese culture food and wine
Selected filters
Reviewed April 26, 2018

This was the rare experience that exceeded our expectations, from the routes and bicycle quality to the staff professionalism, thoroughness and responsiveness to all inquiries. We took the self-guided Toward the Algarve tour and plan on returning to Portugal Bike for future trips.

Reviewed April 26, 2018

My husband and I have taken many bike tours both self guided and guided. Because we had minimal knowledge of Portugal, this time we decided to opt for a guided tour through the Alentejo Region. It was a great decision. Although we could have ridden the same high quality bicycles on the same well-thought-out route and stayed in the same elegant, historic Pousadas, if we had chosen self guided, we would have missed out on our incredibly wonderful hosts, Jose and Cristina, the owners of Portugal Bike. They had all the qualities you would want in guides: well-organized; encouraging; and with joy imparting their knowledge of Portuguese history, culture and cuisine. I could go on with superlatives, but I think the best summary is to say that at the end of our six day tour I felt like we were saying a grateful good-bye to favorite family members. I am happy to join others in giving Portugal Bike the highest rating.

Reviewed April 22, 2018

From the moment that Andre and Ricardo came to meet us at our doorstep to begin the trip, to the final champaign toast at the completion, the bicycle trip experience was one of impeccable service and the finest memories. We couldn't have asked for better companions and guides as we covered dozens of miles on our Scott hybrids bicycles with dozens of gears to make hill climbing just a bit easier. During the trek, we were treated to the finest wines at the most awesome restaurants and service each step of the way was out of this world. A special shout out to Andre' who was so knowledgeable about the history of Portugal, the flora and the fauna along the way, and of course the fine wines and food. His easy laugh, and positive energy was always a nice thing at the end of a ride where he met us with the van and a picnic ready and waiting. The only flaw in the ointment was the one day when we weren't able to bike because of high winds and rain. Other than that everything was spectacular. Thank you Portugal Bike for such a super trip!

1  Thank Pellhobs
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

I cannot speak highly enough about this trip or this company. They exceeded my expectations. Everything from the bike routes to the scenery to the food to the group experience was fabulous. They went the extra mile to provide an extraordinary experience giving us Portugal bike jerseys in the beginning and a champagne toast at the end. I highly recommend this trip and hope to ride on another Portugal bike trip again someday.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

We have just returned home after a wonderful trip to Portugal that included a self guided tour of the Algarve coast and it was amazing! From pick up at our hotel by Luís to drop off back in Lisbon every day was an adventure topped off by arrival at a perfect location for our nightly layover with our luggage waiting! The drive to Sagres was full of information about the regions and our orientation when we arrived at our hotel the first night was first class ( complete with port!). We were well equipped with everything we required and were constantly in awe of the amazing sights that we would not have been able to experience if we were not on bikes. The accommodations were all as described and never disappointing and breakfasts were extremely satisfying. The entire experience far surpassed our expectations and we would highly recommend Portugal Bikes to anyone interested in discovering Portugal by bike! Many thanks!

Date of experience: March 2018