Finches Bed and Breakfast
Hotel Felix(Cambridge)
$134
$126
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Pool
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$43
  • Room Service
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjane nigelbus stopbreakfast was excellentvisit cambridgecity centreon arrivalfresh milkplace to stayperfect hostsoff road parkinga wonderful staywould definitely stay here againtea coffeemin walkroom was spaciousfull english breakfastfree parking
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed 11 nights at Finches. Because we were staying for an extended time I wanted to make sure we were in some place clean and comfortable. We stayed a week in the downstairs room with the double bed and several days in the upstairs room. Both were spotlessly clean, up to date and in a very friendly decor. As far as comfort Jane and Nigel went out of their way to make sure we were cared for and lacked for nothing. They were very warm, welcoming and helpful. Also, our stay was piecemeal as we had several family functions to attend in other parts of England and Jane was extremely accommodating with the scheduling. The breakfasts were fresh, delicious and with plenty of options. This would definitely be our first choice for a place to stay if we ever returned to Cambridge.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in one of the two downstairs rooms which was attractively furnished and had everything we needed. The mini fridge containing bottled water and fresh milk in the hallway was a nice touch . Our room had a standard double bed which was smaller than we are used to, wardrobe, desk and chair + 2 cane chairs and a flat screen TV and good lighting. The ensuite had toiletries and a good but small shower
I had difficulty accessing the free wifi on my ipad but Jane and Nigel's son did it for me in seconds.
Breakfast was superb and was a chance to chat to our hosts who are a mine of information.and very helpful. The fresh fruit was delicious and varied each day. The cooked food looked good.
The parking was easy and the front of the building surrounded by pots and tubs of flowers.The B&B is in a great position immediately off the main Huntingdon Road into Cambridge in a residential area so you can easily hop on a bus and avoid the nightmare of parking in the city. It is not noisy and I have previously found that the traffic magically dies down down at night on the main road.
It was a very hot weekend so we did not really need the duvet on the bed but I may have had a gripe if it had been cold as a standard double duvet does not really cover two large bodies with ease however I am sure that if I had mentioned this Jane would have conjured a larger one up as I have never known a landlady so willing to go the extra mile.

Room Tip: When we booked we had the upstairs room but Jane was able to move us so that when we arrived we had a downstairs room. The upstairs room has a sloping ceiling and she though my tall husband might have a problem with it. The downstairs room was at the front of the house and there was the odd traffic noise during the day but it was quiet at night.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at this bed and breakfast last weekend couldn't have picked a better bed and breakfast it is the best we have ever stayed in. Jane and Nigel were fantastic and couldn't do enough for us. Nigel even drove us into Cambridge on the Sunday we arrived. We were given a cup of tea on arrival and biscuits. The room was spotless and very comfortable. There was even a little fridge down stairs with milk and bottled water in. Breakfast in the morning was lovely and my wife loved talking to Jane about cakes. They told us of the best places to go in Cambridge and surrounding areas. Bus stop is at the end of the road as well so you don't even need to use your car.
Would recommend this b and b to anyone looking to go to Cambridge as you are treated as a friend of the family. Wish every b and b was like this one. I have never written a review before this is how highly I rated Finches.

1  Thank philip a
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at Finches, while my husband attended a conference and I explored the city. Jane and Nigel go out of their way to ensure guests are settled comfortably. They drove us into City Centre providing directions and suggestions of sites to see and places to eat. Every day they checked to ensure all was well, and any time we had questions (by day 3 and 4 we were exploring some of the less traveled tourist sites) they always had excellent suggestions. Breakfast was simply outstanding in terms of variety, wonderful presentation (Nigel has such an artistic flair) and Jane prepared delicious hot breakfasts. Having an en suite at a B&B was wonderful. Finches was absolutely spotless. It was about 30 to 40 minutes to walk right to City Centre, but bus services was only a few steps away, if preferred. I felt at home and no question, should we be so fortunate to be able to visit Cambridge again, we will stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here last weekend (when Murray won Wimbledon - remember that day?) and from the warm greeting upon arrival until our rushed departure (we had a funeral to get to) we were very well treated. Jane and Nigel were very happy to assist even down to offering us a lift into Cambridge rather than taking our car.
Everything positive previously stated I concur with relating to cleanliness, range of food at breakfast etc. The rooms have all you need as far as I am concerned.
I would be very surprised if anybody was disappointed in their stay here. Even down to initial email contact and the prompt response was good.
The B & B is about 25mins walk to the first bridge across the river into the heart of the city. We were advised to park in Castle car park which was £4 for the day - only on Sunday. It was simply a five minute walk from there. We had a meander around and eventually had a beer and pizza at La Mimosa (as recommended by Jane). I went in to pay and found the tennis was on and asked if it was OK to come in and watch it and we were welcomed in. A few beers later (it was already the third set) and although the restaurant had closed, we were still sitting there until Mr. Murray won the day. A while later and we ended up at The Chop House where although we hadn't booked, we were able to have a lovely meal of a very thick pork chop and Venison Steak. Neither portion could be remotely described as small. I just add these eating points as it worked for us.
We often travel abroad but having discovered Cambridge, we will have to go back there and explore more of our cities.