“One of the best Choice Inns!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Maricopa, Arizona
“One of the best Choice Inns!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were extremely pleased with the staff and the quality of the room. The general manager was very helpful and definitely made you feel good about staying at this Comfort Inn. We appreciated the plug-ins that were part of the lighting fixtures, as it was convenient to charge our electronic devices. The breakfast had the standard cereal and waffles, but there was also eggs, potatoes and sausage ... very tasty. The staff person taking care of the breakfast area was very friendly and made you feel very welcome. We were visiting Bisbee, AZ and Kartchner Caverns and this Comfort Inn in Sierra Vista was a good central location to stay at.

Room Tip: We are elite gold members for Choice Inns and we received an upgrade from a king room to a king suit...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Faith R, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We appreciate the nice comments and are happy that we met your expectations. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Faith R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I lived in Sierra Vista as a child and wanted to bring my children across the country to show them the west. When we pulled up I was very pleased with where it was located right next to my Sonic which was still there (and newly remodeled) :). It was comfortable and clean. The breakfast unfortunately was not good. The hot items anyway. My children loved the Cap'n Crunch though!! We slept well and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for providing us feedback on your stay with us. I am sorry that your breakfast was less than enjoyable, it is an area that we are working very hard on making better. I hope your children enjoyed seeing the area that is part of your history and that your trip otherwise was enjoyable. If you are in our area again we would love to have you as our guest again.

Faith R.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stay here on a regular basis once a week. My company sends me on a delivery route. After staying in other "cheaper" hotels, I chose this hotel and got my company to agree. I couldn't be happier. I walk in and I'm remembered by name. This might seem minor but wasn't done at the "light on" up the street. Makes me feel little more at home. The rooms are always clean and neat. Microwave fridge and large screen tv are nice. The staff are always friendly and happy. I've loved my stays here since the first one and haven't been disappointed yet. Plenty of restaurants bars and stores close by for anyone's needs. I've heard the breakfast is good but I'm out the door too early to try it. My loss.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter. If you stay frequently, log into Choicehotels.com and gain point...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ross M, Front desk liaison at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you very much for the excellent review! We're glad to be of service and look forward to your weekly visits! Your review has been shown to staff and is very encouraging! See you next time!
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stay at an awful lot of Choice Hotels and frequently seek out the Comfort Inn & Suites when there is one available. This one is in a good, safe location that is not too noisy so it worked perfectly for a couple of nights. The rooms are clean and reasonably sized and except for the typically dinky pillows the beds are comfortable with one weird exception. I've never seen anybody make the beds that way! There is a blanket on the bed, which I like even in warm areas because we sleep with the room cool. These were tucked in so far at the bottom that the blanket only came up to my waist. I got back up out of bed and re-made it properly. In fact I left it that way while we were gone for the day only to discover that housekeeping had carefully put it back in the strange half covered position when they made up the room. I haven't been short-sheeted since summer camp and although I don't mind making my own bed, this was just too weird. There were some other minor concerns like door lock cards that didn't work properly, patched bathroom door damage, toilet that took a couple of tries each time to work properly, and a refrigerator cabinet that opened by itself sometimes. I don't really have any complaints as such, but since it is actually a pretty expensive place I expected more. Oh, and if you are going to offer the country gravy for breakfast it might be nice to have biscuits or something to put it on.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad we were a good fit convenience-wise for your stay though I regret any inconvenience. Our front desk staff is available 24/7 to help with any concerns you may have! Your remarks have been shared with staff and we would welcome the opportunity to provide you with a superior stay should you find yourself in our area again!
Benson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

When I arrived, and I spoke to the person behind the counter and ask them if I could get the rate that was posted on Google. It was for $94. He told me that that was not the regular price since their prices have gone up and was not reflected on Google. So ask him if there's any way you could match my price. He said sorry no it was going to be a $109. I left looking for alternatives. Days Inn was next door for only $75. This is Sierra Vista after all...it appears they are taking advantage of people like other establishments that take advantage of military personnel or their families. I wish I would have had TripAdvisor before I stayed there.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ross M, Front desk liaison at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Since you did not actually stay with us I can only respond to your front desk experience. It is true that pricing may fluctuate during high occupancy times and Google's cached page may not be up to date as Google is not a travel site; however our front desk response could have been better and more responsive. Your remarks have been shared with staff and will be used to improve our service. We hope to provide superior service if you're ever in town again!
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I expected more from this place. First place they put us in the noisy street side, and there was plenty of rooms available on the quiet side. I asked if there was a pool because that is important to me. Yes, there was a pool, but it was not heated and it was very cold. I asked him why he didn't tell me on the phone and he said he didn't think it would matter. It would have kept me from wasting my money there. They had a nice 42 inch TV and that was nice. The buffet breakfast was undesirable. Even the boiled eggs were awful. I expected more from a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback! I apologize for any disappointment with your stay. Your remarks have been shared with our staff so they can improve their responsiveness in the future. I hope you give us another chance to provide a superior experience in the future!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

When my wife and I entered this hotel we thought that a neutron bomb had gone off as there were no people around. After a few minutes, we were in the process of leaving when someone at the front desk finally arrived and we were able to check in. Not even an apology. The room was clean and quiet, which we liked, and the spa worked which we really liked. We saw few other customers, which was nice, too. Nonetheless, the next morning we had the same experience with missing front desk personnel. As it turns out, this hotel worked out great for us as it's just a short 10-12 mile drive to Tombstone which was our destination for the next day. They should actually advertise this place as a good choice for a visit to Tombstone. Despite the slow check-in/check-out experiences, the only other negative was a dirty service ramp to the left of the front entrance that needs to be cleaned.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Ross M, Front desk liaison at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! Our front desk staff wear many hats to keep costs (and prices!) down and we apologize for any inconvenience. We're glad you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and hope you consider giving us another chance to provide a great experience the next time you're in the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sierra Vista
Hampton Inn Sierra Vista
Hampton Inn Sierra Vista
#4 of 22 in Sierra Vista
4.5 of 5 stars 329 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!