“A very pleasant surprise, very nice people, at a very reasonable price.”
Review of Sierra Suites

Sierra Suites
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Highland, MI
“A very pleasant surprise, very nice people, at a very reasonable price.”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

The above line pretty well sums it up. The motel was very well maintained and clean. The courtyards were unique. The location was well centered to the area resturants and shopping. The employees were very friendly, helpful and professional. We stayed two extra nights longer than planned.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Management at Sierra Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2009
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our services and staff. We enjoyed having you as our guests and look forward to your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Long Beach, cA
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I arrived late but they held my room for me. The lobby of the hotel is Beautiful, the pool area and building courtyards are very well kept, a nice excercise room, The staff was friendly and helpful. My room was close to everything, very secure feeling. Parking was alright. Complementary breakfast & newspaper was very good, excellent selections, fresh fruits, and it was fully stocked even at closing time, because I didn't make it in until almost 8:35am (ended at 9am)
The room was very clean and everything worked. Coffee pot, iron & ironing board, hair dryer, tv remote...everything worked. Mini refrigerator was'nt too noisy, a/c cooled great(and the filters were spotless, cause I checked)
However, I chose this hotel because it had the most stars rating.and actually I expected more from the rooms. Dont misunderstand me, its a clean place I just figured the rooms would be as nice as the lobby. All in all an okay place, just not the best value! I walked to the discount store and to a fast food restaurant, the local directory could have been a little more through. The shower was very clean, had a shower seat in it qas well as an adjustable hand held shower head.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2009
First, let us thank you for your kind comments - we are so happy that you enjoyed our lobby, courtyards, complimentary breakfast and of course our friendly staff. That is so important to us as we strive hard each day to please our guests and provide a welcoming comfortable environment.
We'd like to thank you for your suggestion of improving our local directory in the guestrooms, and we have set about improving them based on your suggestion. Thank you! We are happy you liked our bathrooms and showerheads and found our rooms clean - but are concerned that you expected more to add value to the accommodations. We learn from our guests each day and are constantly striving to improve our services and amenities. We would welcome your suggestion regarding what we could add to our guestrooms to improve your perceived value. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly or sending us a message via Trip Advisor, as we do check for messages regularly.

Warm regards, Management and Staff at the Sierra Suites Hotel, Sierra Vista, AZ
tucson
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Avoid this hotel like the plague. The staff was uniformly rude and hostile. The room was disgusting; the sink did not drain, so it contained sputem and other nasty stuff. The cigarette stench was overpowering. The so-called continental breakfast consisted mainly of stale doughnuts and pastries. Most disconcerting of all was the misleading manner in which the room charges were handled. Although the hotwire price was $84, they charged a total of $144 for a double bed smoking room with a rollaway. A $22 charge was applied at check out for an "extra person." I disputed the extra charge and pointed out that nowhere in the materials signed did this policy appear. I also informed the clerk that she was not authorized to charge my card and that the manager needs to call me. Instead, no call, just a bogus, unauthorized charge.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank chad5506
granite_hotelmgr, General Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2009
We were quite concerned about your comments as we've never had such concerns regarding our staff, (especially Glen, who has been one of our guests' favorite staff members) not to mention the issues you experienced with your room.

Based on the reservation we see that a King room was booked through Hotwire for 2 persons and an upgrade was later requested into a Double Queen room. Typically there is an additional charge for the larger room with 2 Queen beds, but we waived the fee. We do charge for additional people in the room, however. There were 4 adults - and we have confirmed with Hotwire that there rate is loaded correctly with the additional $10 per person over 2 people. This is not something that we hide, we do make it public knowledge. Based on your comments we will make an additional note on our website to make this even more clear.

We do want to accept responsibility for any problems and do try very hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay. We certainly did try to go above and beyond with the room upgrade. We apologize that due to your concerns about the rate, that you were disappointed. I apologize as well that I did not return your call, I had been on vacation just returning at the end of the month.

We do take your concerns seriously and have made note of the issues in your guestroom so that we can fix the problems (we do strive address issues during your stay, so that you're visit is as comfortable as possible).
On happier note, we typically get great comments about our breakfast and have had some feedback from guests that they would like some hot items - we are in the process of adding a few hot items to our already fresh and yummy buffet!
Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding. Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to discuss the associated charges - I welcome the opportunity to talk to you in person.
Warm regards,
Gaylene Wendle
Japan
Reviewed February 1, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Sierra Vista Suites on the night of January 31st. We checked in and I went to take a bath. When I went in the bathroom I found four pieces of different types of hair in and on the tub itself. On the floor around the tub I found several more. There was also a small hair on top of one of our towels. Moving onto the bed; the bed had several sesame seeds on top of the covers. All this aside we really just wanted to sleep. The reason we couldn't sleep was because of the horrendous pillows that were hard as rocks and like a foot thick so your neck was completely craned throwing off the alignment of your spine. For anyone with back problems, if you were able to sleep at all you awoke with sharp pains in your back and were not able to sleep more than an hour at a time. This would be expected from a place where you might have paid $40.00 to $50.00 but for $80.00 something dollars this was not what we expected.

• Liked — It had internet access
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness, poor customer service, uncomfortable beds / pillows, extremely overpriced!!!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank quailbird
mbruckler, General Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2009
I am submitting the letter I sent in response to the letter sent to me after your stay. Please know that i am more than happy to assist resolve guest concerns when they are brought to my attention during the guest stay. It is so difficult to assist in resolving concerns after the guest checks out. Please, Please -- when you (or anyone) has a concern during your stay -- let me and my team make it right before you leave.
-------------
I’m so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at Sierra Suites and apologize for the issues you mentioned. We strive to make our guests stay enjoyable and do have a very thorough housekeeping staff. Because we know people have different “tastes” when it comes to pillows we have elected to place 2 firm and 2 flat pillows in the rooms so guests have a choice – not sure why and apologize that you received all of the same type of pillow. We appreciate it if you bring the condition of your room and pillows to the attention of the front desk so they could have changed rooms for you. I do appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to my attention so I can follow up on them.

Gaylene Wendle, CHA
Petersburg PA
Reviewed January 3, 2009

This is the third time we have stayed at this hotel and again were not disappointed! The staff is very nice and the rooms large and clean. The continental breakfast is good and service is fine.
Some of our group of 7 visited the heated pool and spa and with outside temps in the 40s and 50s they enjoyed it very much.
Next door is La Casita Restaurant with a good menu and bar.
we will be back.

• Liked — Very nice rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
mbruckler, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2009
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We strive daily to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. (and we love La Casita, too!)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 9, 2008

I stayed here on business this week and I had heard that this was basically the best business/budget hotel in Sierra Vista. I suppose because of that and reading some of the reviews I thought that this hotel would be much nicer. It certainly is adequate, but there is nothing overly impressive about it.

The lobby is perhaps the most impressive area of the hotel. From the first impression you might expect this to be a 4-star hotel, but once you get to the room you likely will feel disappointed a little. I did. The rooms are a little on the small side, though the large King bed makes the room seem a little smaller, perhaps. The bed is nice. The amenities in the room are adequate - TV, hair dryer, coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, but again there is nothing here to blow you away. The name of the hotel, "Sierra Suites" is a bit misleading because the room, other than having a desk and chair, isn't really a suite in the traditional sense. Generally, a suite is larger than a standard room. My room was in fact smaller than a standard room, though they refer to this room as a "King Suite."

The pool is small and shallow but I suppose it is okay. I didn't use it, just looked at it. I did make use of the exercise room which consists of three machines of which only two were working. It's about as small of an exercise room as possible. But at least the hotel has this amenity, many budget or business hotels don't. The continental breakfast in the morning consisted of the usual suspects. Okay/adequate breakfast, nothing to knock your socks off. I suppose compared to other 2 or 3-star hotels in the city, this one is decent. The room was clean and there were no problems to report during my stay.

• Liked — The Wi Fi in the room worked without incident
  • Disliked — Room was a little small for a "King Suite"
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank dojodan
mbruckler, management representative at Sierra Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2009
First, we are so happy to hear about our reputation as 'the best business hotel in Sierra Vista.'
We are disappointed to hear that you weren't impressed by our rooms. We typically get many positive comments on our rooms. No, they are not all suites -- we have a range of standard rooms with king beds, very large double queen rooms, oversized executive rooms with king bed and finally our two-room suites. It seems like your biggest concern is that we aren't an all-suite hotel and you received a room that is smaller than a suite. We certainly apologize for the confusion - we do try to be very clear in our advertising specifically on our sierra vista suites website, and show photos of our varius bed types and their descriptions and amenities. We will continue to be diligent in our marketing message. When you stay again (and we hope you do), request a double room which is quite large and had a very nice desk area and kitchenette - or upgrade into our oversized Executive King room.
Thank you for brining to our attention the need to have one of our workout machine's serviced - it is so helpful when a guest lets us know so that we can have it fixed (and ready for your use) prior to your departure.
We hope on our next stay that we are able to 'wow' you not only with our service, breakfast offerings and guest rooms.
Warm regards,
Gaylene and Staff
Alaska
Reviewed January 26, 2008

This was our third stay at Sierra Suites and another great one. I've always been pleased with the rooms and service.
This time we had a double queen..the room was big! The beds were comfortable, plus we discovered they'd provided eight pillows. My biggest pet peeve with hotels is having to ask for extra pillows. Very thoughtful of Sierra Suites to have them in the room without asking. We had plenty of towels too!
Overall every staff member we came across was smiling, friendly and efficient. The breakfast was good..they have a very nice area for this. Their guest computer was also very welcome. My only regret was not bringing our swimsuits..the hot tub looked so inviting!
We're sure to be back at the hotel next time we're in town.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable in a nice setting
  • Disliked — nothing
#5 of 22 in Sierra Vista
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 22 in Sierra Vista

Been to Sierra Suites? Share your experiences!