“The only place I stay while in Sierra Vista”
Review of Sierra Suites

Sierra Suites
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Tucson, AZ
“The only place I stay while in Sierra Vista”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been coming to Sierra Vista with an academic team of high-school students for the last decade. We have stayed at the Sierra Suites every single time. And every single time, we've received excellent, friendly service. Every single time, the rooms have been clean and comfortable. Every single time, the breakfast was tasty and satisfied all of the teenagers. And every single time, I have been nearly comlpetely satisfied.

I'll be coming back again. The only negative about this hotel is that the wireless internet is somewhat slow. Everything else is top-notch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you! Thank you for your comments and for continuing to return to Sierra Suites with your academic high schoolers. We truly appreciate and are honored to be your hotel of choice. And we hear you re: the WIFI... and rest assured we are working on continuing to improve wifi speeds.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This motel is cute, well updated, clean and completely enjoyable. The service we recieved met all expectations. Our room was clean and met all of our needs. The rooms are not fancy, but the decor is up to date and provided a completely comfortable atmosphere. We also enjoyed some time in the hot tub which was clean and a great temperature.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to a future visit.
Devils Lake, North Dakota, USA
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We truly enjoy staying at Sierra Vista. We truly appreciate the large rooms with the sink outside the shower room, the fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and sink area. The swimming pool and hot tub are just right for us. The morning breakfasts are fantastic and enjoy the variety of food that is offered each day. We truly enjoy the beautiful outside area where we spend many nights visiting. We also enjoy that everyone is so friendly and helpful. We will continue to stay there as long as we keep visiting our grandson there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments. We so appreciate them and the kind recommendation. We are honored to be your hotel of choice when visiting your grandson in Sierra Vista.
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a motel-type place in what was described by a local as the lesser side of town. I didn't really detect that too much. The lobby area was pleasant and clean and the hostess was just plain kind. I didn't need anything special, but her tone was very pleasant and for the minor things I did need--no problem. The room was pretty basic, but everything worked and it wasn't cramped. Not huge, either, but comfortable. The price was cheaper than others; the room was quiet. Breakfast was nicely attended by a different hostess and was all as advertised and nice. I liked it and will stay there again and recommend it.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room. They have them.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind recommendation and review. We do appreciate your feedback and are pleased that not only did you find value at the Sierra Suites but also were impressed by our services. Happy Holidays and safe travels!
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was at Ft. Huachuca for work for about a month and stayed at Sierra Suites. The place was great for me. I liked the free breakfast in the morning and free wifi came in handy for my VPN. It's right next door to Las Casita restaurant which was clutch. A few beers there and you didn't have to drive or walk too far to get home. Food is overpriced for its quality though. Overall the hotel was clean and quiet which is all I needed. Definitely staying there next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for choosing Sierra Suites when visiting Sierra Vista... and for your kind recommendation. We'll certainly look forward to your next visit.
Harrington, Delaware
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Greeted and cared for by excellent staff for the entire four days. Never was there a want for anything the staff could not or did not provide. Maintenance problem (only one) was immediately resolved. The staff was always asking if there was anything more they could do. They even called on our day of arrival to inquire if all was satisfactory with the room and treatment we had thus far received. The morning fare was adequate, healthful, both hot and cold fare and provided in small quantities in order to keep the cooked selections fresh and hot. Never did anyone want for something to eat or were they bothered with a table full of used utensils and items. The rooms were neat and clean but a bit on the small side however, quite adequate. The stay was pleasant, the hotel is conveniently located to attractions and close to the base. I recommend everyone check out the Sierra Suites should they be in the area. As I will certainly be in the area again I will stay at the Sierra Suites. In general I would say the entire hotel is managed well and well kept being clean and neat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Sierra Suites. Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations and make their stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. When you return, try upgradeing into an Executive Room. These rooms are larger than our standard rooms and may be more comfortable for a longer stay (either double-queen or King). We do appreciate your kind recommendation.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My company picked this motel for my two day stay in Sierra Vista, November 4 & 5, 2012. When I drove up, I was very impressed with the curb appeal and presentation. The lobby looks very nice. But then, you don't sleep in the lobby, do you?

The desk clerk at check in was named Mike, and he was unfriendly to say the least. He offered no greeting when I arrived, and mumbled through the entire check in process. At no time did he welcome or thank me. It was like pulling teeth to get him to answer any questions. He never said anything about a breakfast; I heard about it from another guest.

Once in the room, I found the wi-fi was slower than dial up. It took 10 minutes to send one email. I checked the wi-fi with my laptop and both cell phones. All were slow, so I know it wasn't my computer. If you look at other comments, you will see that Wi-Fi has been a long running problem.

The room was average. Broken switches in the bathroom, carpet with dark spots, broken drywall in the bathroom and uneven paint. It was, however, quite clean, and I left a tip for housekeeping both days.

Checkout was a real adventure. 20 minutes one evening and the young man didn't seem to know how to operate the motel's computer system. He was unable produce a receipt. Same problem the next morning. 20 minutes and that clerk couldn't find a way to get me a receipt. I was frustrated, but did not get abusive or rude. Later, my company rep contacted someone and I understand they were able to print a receipt, but I was 200 miles away by then. Oh, and that someone told my company rep that I was "unpleasant". Interesting, since I never met that person. I guess when it comes to Sierra Suites, you have to take what they give, or don't give you, with a smile. The cheerful service is required of the customers; not the staff.

Terrible customer service, older but clean rooms. A very basic motel trying to pass itself off as something upscale. I've stayed at Motel 6s that were nicer than this. For $39, this would have been acceptable. For $85 a night, not.

In their defense, the manager did reach out to me the next day and ask that I make contact, but I wasn't willing to beat this dead horse any further.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank rene l
granite_hotelmgr, General Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
(c/o Glendalyn Cobb, General Manager, Sierra Suites)

First, let me personally apologize that your stay was unacceptable. As you mentioned, when it came to my attention that there was an issue and reached out, it was too late - your frustration great.

We do take guest reviews and guest comments very seriously, here at Sierra Suites. Our management, staff and ownership are highly involved to ensure we provide not only exceptional service but superior amenities and overall experience. Learning from our guests is of utmost importance to this goal.

Let me state that there is absolutely no excuse for a lack of service. Be assured that we are using this review and experience not only to work with our new front desk team, but our entire staff. We cannnot always prevent issues from occuring, technical, mechanical and otherwise - but we CAN be sure that we are smiling, friendly and efficient.

In regards to the guestroom issues: though we did inspect the guestroom and did not find broken outlets or carpet stains - we did see a crack in the dry-wall that does need repair and are doing so as I type. We have a routine maintenance schedule which includes regular carpet shampooing (which occured within the last 6 week), pain touch ups and verifying all if functional in the guest rooms. Occassionally issues arise and it is certainly helpful when guests let us know of any issue in the room so we can resolve it quickly.

Lastly, because of computer problems at checkout we were not able to provide a needed receipt. In an effort to avoid further frustration, we did reach out to your corporate office to provide the receipt once the computer was up and running.

My personal goal if for all of our guests to enjoy their stay, whether business or pleasure - to provide an exceptional experience from service to breakfast to guestrooms. I'm not here to make excuses -- but to apologize that we didn't meet your expectations... and thus did not meet my own. I do hope that we will have the opportunity in the future to prove that we can... and WILL do better and continue to learn and grow with our guests.

Safe Travels,
Hampton Inn Sierra Vista
Hampton Inn Sierra Vista
#5 of 22 in Sierra Vista
The Tombstone Grand Hotel

Been to Sierra Suites? Share your experiences!