“Fraternal Military Organizational Meeting”
Review of Sierra Suites

Sierra Suites
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Greeted and cared for by excellent staff for the entire four days. Never was there a want for anything the staff could not or did not provide. Maintenance problem (only one) was immediately resolved. The staff was always asking if there was anything more they could do. They even called on our day of arrival to inquire if all was satisfactory with the room and treatment we had thus far received. The morning fare was adequate, healthful, both hot and cold fare and provided in small quantities in order to keep the cooked selections fresh and hot. Never did anyone want for something to eat or were they bothered with a table full of used utensils and items. The rooms were neat and clean but a bit on the small side however, quite adequate. The stay was pleasant, the hotel is conveniently located to attractions and close to the base. I recommend everyone check out the Sierra Suites should they be in the area. As I will certainly be in the area again I will stay at the Sierra Suites. In general I would say the entire hotel is managed well and well kept being clean and neat.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Sierra Suites. Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations and make their stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. When you return, try upgradeing into an Executive Room. These rooms are larger than our standard rooms and may be more comfortable for a longer stay (either double-queen or King). We do appreciate your kind recommendation.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My company picked this motel for my two day stay in Sierra Vista, November 4 & 5, 2012. When I drove up, I was very impressed with the curb appeal and presentation. The lobby looks very nice. But then, you don't sleep in the lobby, do you?

The desk clerk at check in was named Mike, and he was unfriendly to say the least. He offered no greeting when I arrived, and mumbled through the entire check in process. At no time did he welcome or thank me. It was like pulling teeth to get him to answer any questions. He never said anything about a breakfast; I heard about it from another guest.

Once in the room, I found the wi-fi was slower than dial up. It took 10 minutes to send one email. I checked the wi-fi with my laptop and both cell phones. All were slow, so I know it wasn't my computer. If you look at other comments, you will see that Wi-Fi has been a long running problem.

The room was average. Broken switches in the bathroom, carpet with dark spots, broken drywall in the bathroom and uneven paint. It was, however, quite clean, and I left a tip for housekeeping both days.

Checkout was a real adventure. 20 minutes one evening and the young man didn't seem to know how to operate the motel's computer system. He was unable produce a receipt. Same problem the next morning. 20 minutes and that clerk couldn't find a way to get me a receipt. I was frustrated, but did not get abusive or rude. Later, my company rep contacted someone and I understand they were able to print a receipt, but I was 200 miles away by then. Oh, and that someone told my company rep that I was "unpleasant". Interesting, since I never met that person. I guess when it comes to Sierra Suites, you have to take what they give, or don't give you, with a smile. The cheerful service is required of the customers; not the staff.

Terrible customer service, older but clean rooms. A very basic motel trying to pass itself off as something upscale. I've stayed at Motel 6s that were nicer than this. For $39, this would have been acceptable. For $85 a night, not.

In their defense, the manager did reach out to me the next day and ask that I make contact, but I wasn't willing to beat this dead horse any further.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank rene l
granite_hotelmgr, General Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

(c/o Glendalyn Cobb, General Manager, Sierra Suites)

First, let me personally apologize that your stay was unacceptable. As you mentioned, when it came to my attention that there was an issue and reached out, it was too late - your frustration great.

We do take guest reviews and guest comments very seriously, here at Sierra Suites. Our management, staff and ownership are highly involved to ensure we provide not only exceptional service but superior amenities and overall experience. Learning from our guests is of utmost importance to this goal.

Let me state that there is absolutely no excuse for a lack of service. Be assured that we are using this review and experience not only to work with our new front desk team, but our entire staff. We cannnot always prevent issues from occuring, technical, mechanical and otherwise - but we CAN be sure that we are smiling, friendly and efficient.

In regards to the guestroom issues: though we did inspect the guestroom and did not find broken outlets or carpet stains - we did see a crack in the dry-wall that does need repair and are doing so as I type. We have a routine maintenance schedule which includes regular carpet shampooing (which occured within the last 6 week), pain touch ups and verifying all if functional in the guest rooms. Occassionally issues arise and it is certainly helpful when guests let us know of any issue in the room so we can resolve it quickly.

Lastly, because of computer problems at checkout we were not able to provide a needed receipt. In an effort to avoid further frustration, we did reach out to your corporate office to provide the receipt once the computer was up and running.

My personal goal if for all of our guests to enjoy their stay, whether business or pleasure - to provide an exceptional experience from service to breakfast to guestrooms. I'm not here to make excuses -- but to apologize that we didn't meet your expectations... and thus did not meet my own. I do hope that we will have the opportunity in the future to prove that we can... and WILL do better and continue to learn and grow with our guests.

Safe Travels,
Glendalyn Cobb
Sierra Suites

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Greeted by a lovely woman who was very helpful with orienting me to this city. Also, a few minutes after arriving IN the room, the front desk call to make sure everything in the room was satisfactory. I was given a first floor room as I requested and it was at the back end of the facility and was nice and quiet. I stayed for three nights and the room and everything there was tidy and clean. There was a big assortment at breakfast of both hot and cold choices. On Sunday, the desk clerk helped me by lending me a pair of scissors and was very friendly and helped me find the church I was looking for. The LaCasita, next door, had decent Mexican food (my son loved his). I did not get a chance to use the pool, but wished I had! The mall is about 3-4 miles away and there are restaurants of every country imaginable to choice from (but don't go to the donut shop near the base gate). There is a new BarBQ place that opened that weekend on Fry Blvd near the main gate that was great!

Room Tip: Room on the north side was quiet and no problem with the neighborhood it backed up to. A/C unit was...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

We truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for choosing Sierra Suites when visiting your son at Ft. Huachuca. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Great place to stay. Stay with Sierra Suites every time I go to Sierra Vista.
Great staff!! Convenient location. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for the kind recommendation and for staying with us at Sierra Suites.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Sierra Suites has everything necessary for a comfortable stay.

The rooms are basic, but very clean. All the necessities are there --- the small fridge, nice TV with lots of channels, a comfortable bed ,etc.
Breakfast is served every morning in an attractive breakfast room. It
is pretty good, although it would be even better if the nice biscuits were warm !
Sierra Vista makes a convenient location for interesting day trips in the area.
Sierra Suites is located on the main street so is close to various
convenience stores.
I can recommend Sierra Suites to anyone stopping in Sierra Vista.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your recommendation! We do appreciate it... and we'll work on those yummy biscuits!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Sierra Suites, Sierra Vista is a wonderful Hotel to stay at. The staff was courteous, helpful and prompt.

My room was very comfortable with all the amenities I needed for my stay. I enjoyed the beautiful landscape my room faced looking into the center courtyard area. Very clean and well kept. Older facility but kept up nicely.

Room had a new big screen TV, fridge, desk and a comfortable clean King Bed, great linens and pillows.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms are best for courtyard views. (No elevators for upper levels.)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The rooms were a bit dated but were clean and comfortable. The pool was very nice as was the hot tub. The staff was very friendly and we really the "egg mc muffin" breakfast sandwiches. I would stay here again due to the value and convenient location to Fort Huachuca.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you, we appreciate the recommendation!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sierra Vista
#14 of 22 in Sierra Vista
Tombstone Monument Ranch
Tombstone Monument Ranch
#2 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Sierra Suites? Share your experiences!