“Wouldn't stay again.”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Shreveport
“Wouldn't stay again.”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my family of four, and our yellow lab. Well, our lab had to go to the kennel in town for 10 days because I had booked online, and they did not have any pet friendly rooms available. So that was my first issue. My second issue was when I went to check in I placed on a 2nd floor room, with no elevator. I explained that I did not feel that was doable with my young son so they offered me a smoking room on the 1st floor stating it was the only one available. I am not a smoker, and the smell was overwhelming and caused headaches. The door knob was broken and had to be manhandled to shut, the door did not have a latch on it so my youngest could escape. We requested to have one installed, which they did the following day and the installed on did not fit the hook, had to have the repair man return to re do it the right way. The sliding doors to the pool area did not work either. The housekeepers would not move our belongings to make beds, and one morning, even with a "do not disturb" let themselves in while my little ones were still asleep. The washer and dryer charged your a $1 cycle fee, which was fine, however the dryer was broken and had to be run several times to get anything dry. We gave up and went to a Laundromat instead. The continental breakfast was nice, but same stuff every day. The lobby had parts and pieces for constructions, random workers roamed the halls, and the pool was not swimmable for several days of my stay due to chemical's in it. I should have moved to a different hotel with my dog in tow but I didn't have the patience to find one. For a military town I'd expect more. The bath tubs are really small as well. The front desk personnel was nice, but had friends hanging out in the lobby at all hours did not appear very professional to me. Was not given a receipt at check out so I can not claim the hotel and be reimburse from the army. Likely would not stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Matthew F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tierra del Fuego National Park, Argentina
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have stayed here several times over the last year. I tend to overlook things in older places but it gets old with something broken in every room I get put in. It's old and smelly and housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe they are tired of polishing a turd. They don't honor AARP rates that are posted on the Choice website.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tom g
Harry Patel P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding housekeeping not up to par and rates on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with housekeeping to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. I will also check in to why AARP was not honored, how ever do like to inform you when we have prepaid reservation we do not any over write since guest have pre paid for the room, We are under renovation and we are redoing our guest room for better experience. We are also adding Direct TV to our guest rooms.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Sierra Vista.

Travelers are raving about these Sierra Vista hotels

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The place was adequate considering its low price. It is located close to the mall, it is quiet, and clean....................................................................................................................

Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We have stayed here several times on our trips to Sierra Vista. We have had no problems with the staff, room, etc. The motel is older, but offers a lot of nice immenities. They have dog friendly rooms and a nice big outdoor pool and hot tub which we totally enjoyed! If you are looking for a place to stay that is reasonable and that is close to restaurants, etc. this is it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Annie S

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Staff were very nice, so I feel guilty reporting anything negative about this hotel. Breakfast was good - enjoyed the waffle maker. Other than the negatives to be mentioned, the hotel was fine and comfortable. The bathroom seemed to have a septage gas leak - very noxious. There is no elevator to reach the 2nd floor. The bathroom floor was not cleaned very well.

1 Thank VVsleepy

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding having some plumbing issue on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our maintenance department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. we are doing renovation to our guest bathroom for better experience.

Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I believe this is a good low priced place to stay in Sierra Vista. Usual amenities for a hotel like this. Tucked away behind a restaurant, but easy to find. Pool not yet 100% ready though. Water felt a little slimy. But it is in a good location to catch the morning and afternoon sun. I would stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Go for the pool side rooms
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My mom & I stayed there & for the price we were very happy. Beds were clean & comfortable - the pillows were just fine! The breakfast was more than just danishes and the pool was very nice! The only negative is there is no elevator. It was tough for my mom and I because we both have bad backs and there were no first floor rooms available. They charged us additional for two beds. The manager was very pleasant. The hotel is located within a mile of the mall and several places to eat. This hotel is located in one of the better areas of Sierra Vista. I've stayed in SV several times and not in the best parts of town. This place was clean and quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family