“OK for a one night stay!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Windemere Hotel and Conference Center

Windemere Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Nogales, Arizona
“OK for a one night stay!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and I would give it one thumb up. First let me start with the good: Their breakfast was really good and it is included with your stay. I received 2 tickets for a free drink courtesy of the hotel which I thought was a big plus, the staff was very courteous and nice and the location could not been better. Now, the areas of opportunity: Well the hotel needs some major renovations on the inside, first night there the shower was not working although the staff did change our room right away, at the restaurant when we had breakfast there was nobody to clean the tables from the people that had already left and finally the parking lot needs a little more lightning since a giant lot is next to it and is really dark, doesn't give you all the confidence in the world to leave your car there. The reason why I got this hotel was because I got it a very good price so I thought it was worth it but if I would've had to pay full price I might have been dissapointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. They need better pillows and the shower heads need to be raised to accommodate anyone over 6 ft as I am. The breakfast was very good and the lounge was nice with good prices. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sierra Vista, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I actually live in Sierra Vista so I have never used the hotels in town...but my son recently was married here and this was the hotel we used for the wedding guests coming in from out of town. Couldn't have made a better choice. Before I selected this hotel I toured the rooms - they were spacious, clean, and well-appointed. The entire hotel staff was very accommodating. The rates were extremely reasonable and a full buffet breakfast was included each morning. They also gave everyone a free drink in the bar each evening...although I don't know if that was used every day. Some guests stayed 4 nights, some 2, but ALL of them went on and on about how great the staff was. They identified them by name...Amber in the restaurant, Sylvia and Ruby at the front desk, etc....and I, of course, found dealing with Beth (the hotel manager) and Kandis (the guest services manager) to be simply wonderful. By the time the wedding came around I felt like they were part of our family, too! I would not hesitate should anyone EVER need a hotel in Sierra Vista to recommend The Windemere!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We've stayed here several times and have booked guest speakers here. Only complaint is th cutting the budget they stopped serving pancakes and waffles and also fruit so there is not much for vegetarians. I now stay elsewhere where I get a good breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice hotel with large rooms, good Internet, great breakfast. Free drink coupons, too! Nice staff, everything worked. Good prices at the bar. Good conference facilities. Only problem we had was :;($$& smoker polluted our room which they instantly changed and gave me extra drink coupons. From my wife's perspective she likes the sheeted blankets but missed the curved shower curtain rod. Unusually quiet AC.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Check-in was quick and painless, pretty much just got the keys and were on our way to our room. We had to drive around to the back as there was an elevator there that was closer to our room. We take the elevator up to the third floor and the first thing we noticed was the terrible odor on the entire floor, it was disgusting. We were relieved to find the smell was not inside the room, but the heat definitely was. I understand trying to keep some costs down, but the room was at least 90 degrees and the small AC took quite a while to cool the room down, so we decided to go downstairs for a drink in the bar. On our way we noticed a very large amount of teenagers and very loud music playing. I guess there was a teen dance there that night that we were not informed of at check-in. They were just everywhere downstairs and there were a few we noticed were trying to start fights with other kids. We make our way through the kids just to see that the lounge and restaurant are closed, which we also were not informed of at check-in. When we went to the front desk to ask about it, the lady working said they had started a top to bottom cleaning and it was taking longer than expected but it would be open the next day. That didn't mean much to us since we were leaving in the morning. That was a bit of an inconvenience. The lady suggested we could walk across the street to Applebee's if we wanted, and pointed out that one of the cross-walks was somewhat safer than the other. When we got back from Aplebee's we noticed, along with a lot more kids and louder muci) a few people in the lounge sitting around with drinks, but the closed for cleaning sign was still up. After enduring the hallway smell again, we got back in our room and both had a pretty decent nights sleep as our room was the furthest possible away from the teen dance. The next major disappointment was the breakfast. They advertise a hot breakfast buffet, and it was just terrible. The selection was very limited, even worse than a Super 8 Continental breakfast. The eggs were burnt to the pan and smelled bad, and the sausage was undercooked and looked slimy. The only thing either of us could eat was cereal and some juice. After that we were ready to get out of there. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: I would avoid the third floor, it smells very bad.